Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trainer: ‘Jacare’ Souza to Join UFC, Regardless of Final Strikeforce Result

Hybrid View

Default Trainer: ‘Jacare’ Souza to Join UFC, Regardless of Final Strikeforce Result

Trainer:

"’Jacare’ is now a UFC fighter and signed a five-fight contract,” said the X-Gym coach. “The result of the fight against Herman will be the basis for choice of his debut opponent in the UFC, which I think will be in April.”

Distak also asserted that the former Strikeforce middleweight king has nearly completed his weight cut and is fully prepared for his conflict live on Showtime from the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City.

"’Jacare’ is almost ready, lacking only about three kilos (about 6.6 pounds) to lose, and that's easy,” said Distak. “‘Jacare’ is an MMA fighter, and he's 100 percent [everywhere], so wherever the fight goes is good for him. Herman likes to submit, but ‘Jacare’ is better than him at everything."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Great fights for him in the UFC. Cant wait for his debut, if the timing works I think Weidman would be a good opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Great fights for him in the UFC. Cant wait for his debut, if the timing works I think Weidman would be a good opponent.
    Agreed. Weidman vs Jacare for #1 contender. If it happens in a timely manner...
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I believe Jacare is just hitting his stride as a well-rounded mixed martial artist and thoroughly believe that he's a top five MW. I see him getting some really good wins in 2013 and being among the tops of the division.

I think Belcher would be a dynamite UFC debut or loser of Bisping/Belfort.....
    If he wins his next fight before joining the UFC he will be 3-0 in his last 3 fights. Why would he come in fighting a guy fresh off a loss?
    I agree with FG. Jacare might have three wins (probably) but the biggest would be over Ed Herman. He has some solid wins prior, but in a different org and still not top 10. I think he needs someone tested who we know is a solid 8-10 in ranking, regardless of their last win or loss as a test.

Quote Originally Posted by NAL987 View Post
    Agreed. Weidman vs Jacare for #1 contender. If it happens in a timely manner...
    Jacare won't fight Anderson though, so it's a mess. Probably another reason for him to take it slow in the division.

I believe Jacare is just hitting his stride as a well-rounded mixed martial artist and thoroughly believe that he's a top five MW. I see him getting some really good wins in 2013 and being among the tops of the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post

If he wins his next fight before joining the UFC he will be 3-0 in his last 3 fights. Why would he come in fighting a guy fresh off a loss?

Why? Because Jacare has no top tier wins and win streaks outside the UFC are not held in the same regard to both the fans and the management.

Jacare has the same problem as Mousasi. No absolutely top tier wins but has alot of solid wins against name fighters, not as many as Mousasi though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Why? Because Jacare has no top tier wins and win streaks outside the UFC are not held in the same regard to both the fans and the management.

Jacare has the same problem as Mousasi. No absolutely top tier wins but has alot of solid wins against name fighters, not as many as Mousasi though.
    Really, because Lombard came over to the UFC and fought Tim as his first fight who was coming from a 3 fight win streak including a big win over Okami. Now, Im not making this up, the vast majority of the time the ufc does not match winners with losers, its been that way for a long time. I think it would be disrespectful to him to come off 3 wins and fight a loser. Now a fight with Weidman makes sense to me because if he wins he gets massive credit and immediately because a huge threat to the division (regardless if he would fight Silva or not) and if Weidman wins, well thats huge for him, he just beat an ex champ!

makes a lot of sense to me.

Great addition to the MW division and a much needed infusion of new blood.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

I'm not saying this is the only fight out there for him, but I definitely don't see him being set up to fight someone fresh off a loss.

Thread Information