Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Cain Velasquez to boxer Tyson Fury: 'Don't talk about, go ahead and do it'

Hybrid View

  1. Default Cain Velasquez to boxer Tyson Fury: 'Don't talk about, go ahead and do it'

    UFC champ Cain Velasquez to boxer Tyson Fury: 'Don't talk about, go ahead and do it' - Bloody Elbow



    Two weeks ago, Cain Velasquez took back the UFC Heavyweight championship from Junior dos Santos at UFC 155. A week after his dominant decision victory, we found out that Cain had caught the eye of 20-0 heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury. Last week, Fury took to twitter to insult Cain and call him out for a fight either in a boxing ring or the UFC's Octagon.

    On Thursday, Velasquez responded to Fury's comments to ESPN.com:

    "I'm not a boxer," he said. "I'm a mixed martial artist, and if he wants to fight, he can go into the UFC and work his way up like everybody else does. Nothing is given to you in this world.

    "To me, it's like don't talk about it, go ahead and do it. That's all I have to say about that."
    As of right now, Cain does not have a match set to meet his first challenger. However, it's suspected that he'll face Alistair Overeem if The Reem is able to get past Bigfoot Silva at UFC 156.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,737

    Default

    Very nice response by Cain.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Very nice response by Cain.
    I agree, I love this response. No shit talking war, just a simple "well if you can do it, then do it." If he continues to talk back, then it just makes it look more like what it is.. a load a bs



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Fury really made a fool out of himself by saying what he said. Couture proved in the Toney fight that while boxing is a great sport in and of itself, it's very limiting when applied to a fighting style with a wider, less restrictive rule-set. Since that fight, any boxer than comes out calling out MMA fighters will for the most part be dismissed, and not just by MMA fans, but by anybody with sense.


    Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

    0-1 on sig bets.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    Fury really made a fool out of himself by saying what he said. Couture proved in the Toney fight that while boxing is a great sport in and of itself, it's very limiting when applied to a fighting style with a wider, less restrictive rule-set. Since that fight, any boxer than comes out calling out MMA fighters will for the most part be dismissed, and not just by MMA fans, but by anybody with sense.
    I dont think anyone expected Couture to go toe to toe with Toney otherwise I'm sure the fight would have ended just as quickly.

    That fight was simple case of being the ruler of your domain. I am sure if JDS had a boxing match with Tony he would probably look like quite the fool (as if his showing against Cain wasn't bad enough).
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,571

    Default

    work his way up like everybody else does. Nothing is given to you in this world.
    Unless your name is Chael P. Sonnen


    And yes, good answer by Cain.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Unless your name is Chael P. Sonnen


    And yes, good answer by Cain.
    And Couture, Penn, Anderson, Belfort....
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

    The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

    HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    BELLINGHAM. WASHINGTON
    Posts
    5,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Unless your name is Chael P. Sonnen


    And yes, good answer by Cain.
    let not act like Sonnens mouth is the only reason he is getting that shot at 205
    it was his mouth his skill oh and the fact no one else wanted to fight jones when the UFC needed some one to step up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    let not act like Sonnens mouth is the only reason he is getting that shot at 205
    it was his mouth his skill oh and the fact no one else wanted to fight jones when the UFC needed some one to step up.
    His skill, yeah sure. When was the last time Sonnen defeated someone at LHW and who was his opponent?
    And you are also right with the "No one wanted to fight Jones". Hendo, Machida, Gus, they all said they would not fight Jones in April right?

    I never get these "in before . . ." comments. It's reminds me of passive aggressing things teenagers say to try and sound cool, or superior to someone. Especially if you post them after the thing was said.
    Its OK. There are people that do not like me very much because I do not support cheaters and liars.
    They think that Dana White is the Godfather of MMA and that Chael Sonnen is a very brave guy and that is why he acceopted the Jones fight, the rest of the LHW roster are little girls.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Its OK. There are people that do not like me very much because I do not support cheaters and liars.
    They think that Dana White is the Godfather of MMA and that Chael Sonnen is a very brave guy and that is why he acceopted the Jones fight, the rest of the LHW roster are little girls.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •