+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cain Velasquez to boxer Tyson Fury: 'Don't talk about, go ahead and do it'

1. Default Cain Velasquez to boxer Tyson Fury: 'Don't talk about, go ahead and do it'

UFC champ Cain Velasquez to boxer Tyson Fury: 'Don't talk about, go ahead and do it' - Bloody Elbow

Two weeks ago, Cain Velasquez took back the UFC Heavyweight championship from Junior dos Santos at UFC 155. A week after his dominant decision victory, we found out that Cain had caught the eye of 20-0 heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury. Last week, Fury took to twitter to insult Cain and call him out for a fight either in a boxing ring or the UFC's Octagon.

On Thursday, Velasquez responded to Fury's comments to ESPN.com:

"I'm not a boxer," he said. "I'm a mixed martial artist, and if he wants to fight, he can go into the UFC and work his way up like everybody else does. Nothing is given to you in this world.

"To me, it's like don't talk about it, go ahead and do it. That's all I have to say about that."
    As of right now, Cain does not have a match set to meet his first challenger. However, it's suspected that he'll face Alistair Overeem if The Reem is able to get past Bigfoot Silva at UFC 156.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Very nice response by Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Very nice response by Cain.
    I agree, I love this response. No shit talking war, just a simple "well if you can do it, then do it." If he continues to talk back, then it just makes it look more like what it is.. a load a bs

Fury really made a fool out of himself by saying what he said. Couture proved in the Toney fight that while boxing is a great sport in and of itself, it's very limiting when applied to a fighting style with a wider, less restrictive rule-set. Since that fight, any boxer than comes out calling out MMA fighters will for the most part be dismissed, and not just by MMA fans, but by anybody with sense.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

work his way up like everybody else does. Nothing is given to you in this world.
    Unless your name is Chael P. Sonnen

And yes, good answer by Cain.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Pure ownage.

The humble, multi-dimensional fighter who's faced the best competition in the world or the cocky, one dimensional boxer who hasn't fought anybody noteworthy...hmm...I just wonder who would win in a fight...

and yes I know Cain would win in MMA and Tyson Fury or whatever would win a boxing match, but the way that guy was talkin'-them's fightin' words...and MMA is much more similar to your average fight than a boxing match.
    Last edited by dbader08; 01-11-2013 at 10:35 AM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Unless your name is Chael P. Sonnen

And yes, good answer by Cain.
    And Couture, Penn, Anderson, Belfort....
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

8. Default

In before Pashak randomly brings up Dana White or Chael Sonnen.

Oh wait...
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

I like this. This is one of the reasons I like Cain. He doesn't talk shit, he didn't come out of his loss to dos santos making excuses... He's not much of a talking and when he is its short and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    In before Pashak randomly brings up Dana White or Chael Sonnen.

Oh wait...
    I never get these "in before . . ." comments. It's reminds me of passive aggressing things teenagers say to try and sound cool, or superior to someone. Especially if you post them after the thing was said.
    Last edited by initial_zen; 01-11-2013 at 04:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information