+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vitor Belfort talks TRT

Default Vitor Belfort talks TRT

Vitor Belfort talks TRT - Mixed Martial Arts News

BO: Some fighters in their 30s have been diagnosed with low testosterone levels and received exemptions to use testosterone replacement therapy [TRT]. Have you ever applied for TRT or would you consider it?

VB: If a question is private, I have the choice to answer or not. If I make it public, itís not private anymore. If I want to say something private I will say it, but I keep to myself and I respect the laws of the sport. Whatever the organization, whatever the law -- they know what to do. This is too controversial, why am I going to say something that doesnít accomplish anything? If itís legal, they know what to do. If itís legal, thereís nothing to say about it. Itís legal.

BO: As you mention, TRT is legal for fighters who qualify for it. Do you believe itís getting a bad image in the sport? Fans are too quick to judge fighters who use it?

VB: Itís hard. Like, youíre either a Republican or Democrat. Who is right? I think itís this: The truth is always in the middle. Of course, some things are non-negotiable. I think in life, you just need to find a balance. Thatís the problem with the rule, is that everyone is so radical. Thatís my opinion. Iím very faithful to the things I believe in and Iím working on myself. I donít like to judge. When you judge people, it sounds like you are God. We live in a freedom country. It is what it is.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Nice response to a very touchy situation lately. He did well in keeping himself from being used for one side or the other
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    Nice response to a very touchy situation lately. He did well in keeping himself from being used for one side or the other
    Yeah, but it made me think he is having or had some TRT receipts.

I'll be the first to admit I got negative things to say when it comes to TRT so maybe my mind is just clouded by my bias, But I got the vibe he was "tippy toe-ing" around the questions. But maybe thats just me.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

So reading between the lines,
    "Ater many years of abusing roids my body no longer produces the testosterone it needs. So I get a free get out of jail pass with TRT and it's no ones business but my own."

You guys!!! Stop being blasphemous by pretending to be God by judging him.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    what gives you that impression? I got the impression he didnt want to say one way or the other on a subject that is very polarizing. Id say the main message he tried to pass along was "DONT JUDGE".
    Somehow not saying one way or the other leads me to think he's tip toeing around it because he's either using it or he may be thinking about trying it. Also, I always assumed he was a jammer years ago. He was freaking ripped in some of his older UFC fights (more so than now). All assumptions and guessing on my part, not saying I know.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information