+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cain Velasquez anxious to mix it up with Alistair Overeem

Default Cain Velasquez anxious to mix it up with Alistair Overeem

Cain Velasquez anxious to mix it up with Alistair Overeem - Five Ounces of Pain : Five Ounces of Pain

“Overeem, his stand-up is really good. Good knees, big guy, strong guy,” said Velasquez to ESPN Chicago of his interest in putting his skills up against the Dutchman’s. “I just want to keep fighting the best guys, and he’s been that person for a while.”

Velasquez also added that he isn’t concerned about Overeem potentially having a banned substance in his system if the two fight even though the hard-hitting heavyweight recently received a license to fight after a nine-month suspension related to testosterone use.

“As a professional, as a fan as well, I want to see the best guys fight each other, but I also want it fair,” stated Velasquez of his comfort with the drug testing process.

Overeem will be on a twelve-tilt winning streak if he defeats Silva on February 2. He holds an overall record of 36-11 with 34 finishes in comparison to Velasquez’s 11-1 mark with nine stoppages.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Lame that this matchup is so far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    It is not even sure that it will happen.
    Reem first needs to beat BigFoot and pass drug tests.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Not really the last thing the UFC should be doing is fast tracking him to a title shot. They already have done that enough for the start of this year as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Not really the last thing the UFC should be doing is fast tracking him to a title shot. They already have done that enough for the start of this year as is.
    I know, but I've been waiting so long already, the last stretch is always the most difficult.

Murder-Death-Kill in 3 weeks.

6. Default

it seems to me a lot of people are already counting bigfoot out of this one. So, what happens if bigfoot wins this fight? Who else is in the wings for a title shot?

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    it seems to me a lot of people are already counting bigfoot out of this one. So, what happens if bigfoot wins this fight? Who else is in the wings for a title shot?
    Mark Hunt or Stephan Struve depending who wins. Although they might be a good next match for JDS. I would love to see Mark Hunt vs Reem/JDS.

DC would be the best fight, but its not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Werdum, if he beats Nog.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by CapCee View Post
    Werdum, if he beats Nog.
    This ^
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Don't think Bigfoot has any chance vs Overeem, he will try to take him down but I think his TDD will be too much, Overeem TKO round 2
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information