Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 Pick'ems Standings

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    Niceeee, third place. Does this include my average scores added in for the two missed events? (I can't open the spreadsheet right meow whilst at work).

And I've volunteered to take the reigns next year for this, unless anyone else wants to...?
    First off, yer taking over.

Secondly, the standings do not include your two missed events. On that subject...

1.) That system did not deter attrition.

2.) My poor updates probably caused dropout.

3.) Fedorlei and I have both missed 1 event; so unless you really close the gap on Fedorlei this Saturday, tabulating those scores doesn't matter a whole lot; you would get 2 events scored, but then fedorlei would get 1 event scored, plus his lowest scoring event would be bumped up. Everyone would have a higher score, but the standings wouldn't change.

4.) So counting those missed picks doesn't truly help you make up ground, because it's offset by scoring other's missed picks, or lowest scoring events. I just wanted people to stick with it, not quit because they felt like they couldn't win if they missed the picks for an event.

The largest potential for change would be between Fe1 and Wandfight, because their scores are so tight.

Kaufmann / Spoon are close, but kaufmann would get an event scored, and spoon would have one of his poor outings bumped up. Probably wouldn't see a change; some of Spoon's scores are like missing a pick anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    First off, yer taking over.

Secondly, the standings do not include your two missed events. On that subject...

1.) That system did not deter attrition.

2.) My poor updates probably caused dropout.

3.) Fedorlei and I have both missed 1 event; so unless you really close the gap on Fedorlei this Saturday, tabulating those scores doesn't matter a whole lot; you would get 2 events scored, but then fedorlei would get 1 event scored, plus his lowest scoring event would be bumped up. Everyone would have a higher score, but the standings wouldn't change.

4.) So counting those missed picks doesn't truly help you make up ground, because it's offset by scoring other's missed picks, or lowest scoring events. I just wanted people to stick with it, not quit because they felt like they couldn't win if they missed the picks for an event.

The largest potential for change would be between Fe1 and Wandfight, because their scores are so tight.

Kaufmann / Spoon are close, but kaufmann would get an event scored, and spoon would have one of his poor outings bumped up. Probably wouldn't see a change; some of Spoon's scores are like missing a pick anyways
    Kewl beans man. Yea I figured it wouldn't be enough to get me up to first. And if you're not first, you're last.

So it looks like Cat or someone else takes care of posting the Pick-em's challenge page? And I just take care of this thread right (or a new one for 2014).

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    So it looks like Cat or someone else takes care of posting the Pick-em's challenge page? And I just take care of this thread right (or a new one for 2014).
    Yeah, make a new thread for 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    LOL Damn, that's cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    LOL Damn, that's cold.
    Tee hee

Wow 7th. Not bad for my first year playing

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

7. Default

biggest key is make all the picks and getting into or near the top ten isn't that hard 1st is a nother story though. I've had a lot of fun being in the pick'ems even when I didn't have time to play. Going over them and razzen some of my friends priceless!
    Kevo Tbear said he's going to kick my butt next year so I'll let him do my dirty work and kick yours for me

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    biggest key is make all the picks and getting into or near the top ten isn't that hard 1st is a nother story though. I've had a lot of fun being in the pick'ems even when I didn't have time to play. Going over them and razzen some of my friends priceless!
    Kevo Tbear said he's going to kick my butt next year so I'll let him do my dirty work and kick yours for me
    It should be all about the ball-busting, and it shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Looks like I might take the crown this year, and I get like no bragging rights because I scored the thing. Total conflict of interest.

So here's a thought for next year. Are we going to do ALL UFC events, or just the PPV and ones aired in N. America?

After today's announcement, that there are going to be many cards only available for viewing with UFC's new subscription service, here in N. America, and many unknown fighters on those cards, it certainly throws a curve ball into this. The event next Saturday is the start of these sort of events.

I could see some positives and some negatives of it. I'm just curious what everyone else thinks.

Updated. Good year guys. Thanks for playing.

Sick Lunatic is taking over for next year; with a lofty goal of 55 events in 2014, I don't envy him scoring.

I'd just like to announce that I'm retiring as Champion and vacating my belt.

It's been fun; but going forward, I'll be around even less than I have been.

Maybe I'll come out of retirement in 2015; you know, competitive itch and all that jazz.

Thread Information