Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Chandler: I plan on being the best lightweight in the world

Default Michael Chandler: I plan on being the best lightweight in the world

ichael Chandler: I plan on being the best lightweight in the world

ďThere is no harder working, more discipline, mentally tougher, physically tougher people in the world than the wrestlers out there in the world and more specifically the division 1 wrestlers.

Being able to go through a program like University of Missouriís working my butt off just continuing to build and build and build that work ethic.

Laziness is contagious just like hard work is. I didnít give myself an opportunity to be lazy and I didnít surround myself with people who were lazy.

Something about going to the gym or going to a workout or doing something Ė that youíre not going as hard as you can or putting forth you best effort just seems wrong and counterproductive. Itís the obligation I feel to do the best I can with this opportunity and become a world champion in my division.

I Plan on becoming the best lightweight in the world and not sacrificing this blessing and this gift that god gave me. Go out there and be in a sport like MMA, compete in a sport like MMA and make a living and get to do interviews and all this kind of stuff. Iím leaving tomorrow to Irvine, CA to fight in front of thousands of people to be on Spike TV in front of potentially a couple of million people.

When you think about how truly blessed we are as Mixed Martial Artist, professional athletes and the lifestyle we get to live and youíre down right ludicrous if you donít take every opportunity you can to be the best fighter you can possibly can be. Thatís kind of my mindset.Ē
    Exclusive: Bellator Champ Michael Chandler: I plan on being the best lightweight in the world | MMA NEWS MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

Love watching this guy fight, should be a great fight with Hawn when it finally happens.

Zombie is born!

Not in bellator you aint

Does anyone else get the feeling that Div 1 wrestlers have a bit of an elitist mentality going on? If they really are the hardest working, most disciplined, toughest people out there, then why do Americans routinely get outperformed by other countries at the Olympics. Russia, Japan, Georgia, Iran, and Cuba I think all produce much better wrestlers, especially per capita.
    That said, wrestling does give you a great work ethic and I think Chandler has a great career ahead of him.

I dont think it is possible to be the best without fighting in the UFC thees'e days.

I also think if Michael is going to be the best in the world one day he needs to stay right where he is for a couple few more years and develop further before jumping into the shark tank known as the UFC LW division.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

So the guy beats Eddie Alverez, who is going to go to the UFC and probably be a top five and their is no way he can be the best? Funny thing is that he might lose on Thursday. Rick Hawn is a beast at 155.

Much like Eddie, we really won't be able to validate Chandler's claims as long as he's fighting for BFC, the organization simply doesn't have the depth that ZUFFA can provide and even if they picked up a Tyson Griffin, the division just doesn't have enough to substantiate such a claim.

8. Default

Dude is legit. But when you fight for the Winnebago Mans son, you cannot make such claims.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Love the optimism but not w/o being in the murderer's row that is the UFC LW div you not .
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling that Div 1 wrestlers have a bit of an elitist mentality going on? If they really are the hardest working, most disciplined, toughest people out there, then why do Americans routinely get outperformed by other countries at the Olympics. Russia, Japan, Georgia, Iran, and Cuba I think all produce much better wrestlers, especially per capita.
    That said, wrestling does give you a great work ethic and I think Chandler has a great career ahead of him.
    Ya they definitely do. However, we haven't seen high caliber wrestlers from other countries have anywhere near the same success executing their wrestling styles for MMA. Most of the best MMA wrestlers were D-1 All Americans.

Zombie is born!

Thread Information