Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any fighters here?

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Sounds like a good idea.. You got to have some good food with your Beer right?

I have already done boxing and MT... I really need to step up my grappling game... BJJ is decent, but really need to step up wrestling...

I wish i could learn it from the ground up, rather than in bits and pieces like MMA gyms will do it, but cant go back in time and take it in school.
    I wish I could go back in time and do it in school too, just because of the natural ability I've always had. I use to out wrestle kids on the team, a couple who came close to being state champs. What always worked for me was my core strength and my quads. Those two things really gives you an advantage when your trying to maintain your balance, also allows you to shift your body weight more readily. I would say just keep it simple, it's a game of leverage.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    I wish I could go back in time and do it in school too, just because of the natural ability I've always had. I use to out wrestle kids on the team, a couple who came close to being state champs. What always worked for me was my core strength and my quads. Those two things really gives you an advantage when your trying to maintain your balance, also allows you to shift your body weight more readily. I would say just keep it simple, it's a game of leverage.
    Thanks man, any help is great... Need to get my grappling up...

Quads are solid because of heavy Squats and Deadlifts.

what would you suggest for a core routine, aside from the standard sit ups?

Thanks man, any help is great... Need to get my grappling up...

Quads are solid because of heavy Squats and Deadlifts.

what would you suggest for a core routine, aside from the standard sit ups?
    Keep your contacted as often as you can, especially while doing cardio. I've gone threw entire days with it always contracted.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    Keep your contacted as often as you can, especially while doing cardio. I've gone threw entire days with it always contracted.
    Like just flexing your abs?

Like just flexing your abs?
    Yeah, it takes some getting use to when your working out, especially when your running.

You've seen all of these techniques a 1000 times watching MMA

P.S. my daily intake:

Right now, I am having my first meal after a 3 mile run and a kettlebell work out. I've yet to eat anything other than some black coffee at around 10 am when I awoke.

I'm having a large leafy green salad with some homemade fermented sauerkraut, cucumber and lentils. Also, having a 3 egg omelette with some Daiya cheese, and some hummus.

Depending on how hungry I am later, I'll see what's what.

Tell me how many times you get to eat a day and I'll describe something more for YOU. Many clients we work with have different schedules so that's what we do best. I, also, fast about 16-18 hours a day but that's not for everyone and I do NOT condone Lean Gains as a means especially since Martin eats horrible food and thinks "macros" is all that counts...explains the poor blood work for most on LG.

Quote Originally Posted by thekidinside View Post
    p.s. My daily intake:

"i'm having a large leafy green salad with some homemade fermented sauerkraut, cucumber and lentils. Also, having a 3 egg omelette with some daiya cheese, and some hummus."
    looks like clean protein and carbs to me mufucka!

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    looks like clean protein and carbs to me mufucka!
    there's literally no carbohydrate of any meaningful caloric value there. It's all protein, vitamins, nutrients and fat..

Thread Information