Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Junior Dos Santos' Doctors Say He Over Trained

Default Junior Dos Santos' Doctors Say He Over Trained

Junior Dos Santos' Doctors Say He Over Trained - FightLine.com

"Soon after the fight I went to the hospital and had a scan, which showed my creatine level was too high," said Santos to Nagradedo MMA. "The normal level is up to 300, mine was in 1400."

Creatine is an organic acid that naturally supplies muscle to the body.

Santos said that the doctors informed him he over trained for the title rematch. The second encounter between the two was quite different from the first at the inaugural UFC on FOX show. In that fight, Santos won in just over a minute with an early right hand. Velasquez destroyed Santos in the rematch over a year later at UFC 155 with a decision win, in which he won every round.

Sanotos cited that he went into the fight with the wrong mentality.

"That was the explanation of doctors," said Santos. "Mine is that I was not good with my head, was having personal problems and did not go well mentally in the fight."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I love watching him fight but I am really starting to hate listening to him speak.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

rob_bills Guest

I'm inclined to believe him, dude gassed after like a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    I love watching him fight but I am really starting to hate listening to him speak.
    Why?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Agreed. Talking about his knee injury and accusing Cain of having a spy in his camp, after he won the first fight. Saying Frank Mir isn't a real man. Now the line about how it's his doctor's excuse, not his. Blah blah blah.

It's a weird combo of him sometimes seeming very sincere and nice, other times seeming like a bit of a whiner. Don't get it, but wish he would stop with this stuff.

I disagree.

He is extremely confident and that is why sometimes he says some weird stuff for example that he could KO the Klitschkos.
    I do not think he is arrogant or he makes excuses.

Since the beginning he said that Cain was the better man in that fight. As for his knee injury....it is not news that plenty of fighters have injuries and almost all of them talk about it.

He is not saying "I lost this fight because I overtrained and I had personal issues". He has said many times that Cain did a great fight and used the right strategy.

The fact that he gassed so hard is probably attributed to the fact that not only has he had to keep up a fast pace for more than 1 round, but he packed on a lot of extra muscle mass building up to this fight.

Before this fight, he was saying that this is the best camp he's ever had, best he ever felt, etc...now it's, personal problems, overstrained, bla bla.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I think he probably did over train.. I really hope that JDS learnes that he needs to keep his hands up.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Cant wait for the 3rd fight, give it some time... let both JDS and Cain mature... We will get a better fight than both the first 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    The fact that he gassed so hard is probably attributed to the fact that not only has he had to keep up a fast pace for more than 1 round, but he packed on a lot of extra muscle mass building up to this fight.

Before this fight, he was saying that this is the best camp he's ever had, best he ever felt, etc...now it's, personal problems, overstrained, bla bla.
    Yes but absolutely all fighters do that.
    Before the fight they ALWAYS say that they are in their best shape ever, that they had the best training camp, that they are more healthy and motivated than ever etc etc

After the fight they reveal that it was not the truth.

I do not know if they say all that stuff before the fight because Zuffa ask them to do it, so people get more hyped, or they simply do not want to give any clues to their opponents. But fact is that after a very hard 10 week training camp, it is almost impossible to come 100% healthy.

Thread Information