Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana White goes off on judges following controversial decision at Strikeforce

1. Default Dana White goes off on judges following controversial decision at Strikeforce

Tweets of the Day: Dana White goes off on judges following controversial decision at Strikeforce - Bloody Elbow

Strikeforce's last event also had it's share of a very common problem in MMA, questionable judging. K.J. Noons took on Ryan Couture in a very exciting lightweight bout, and while most people had Noons winning, two judges scored it 29-28 for Couture.

The son of the Hall-of-Famer did deserve to be picked up by the UFC after that gritty and impressive display, but most pundits felt that he didn't deserve that decision, including Dana White. He felt the same way, and the UFC president once again voiced out his opinion on twitter:

Dana White

@danawhite
    Ryan is tough but KJ Noons got robbed!!!
    12 Jan 13 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Dana White

@danawhite
    We should just get rid of judges and flip a coin to see who won!!!
    Noons has gone on twitter shortly after the bout to thank Dana as well:

Dana White

@danawhite
    12 Jan 13
    Ryan is tough but KJ Noons got robbed!!!

KJ Noons

@kjnoons
    @danawhite thx dana for speaking the truth.One door closes(strikeforce)and another one will open. I always try to put on fight of the night.
    Hopefully this means they will also bring Noons into the fold even if he technically "lost" his fight as there are a bunch of entertaining match ups that he can be made. Noons vs. Lauzon, anyone?
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Jlau would murder Noons it would'nt be fun to watch.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Tilts with some of the mid tier guys who like to bang at 155 would be sweet though

Stephens
    Edwards
    Stout
    Danzig
    Fisher
    Ferguson
    Gomi
    Makdessi
    Pearson

All fun fights with guys in his range who aren't going to be looking for the takedown or clinch.

I think Noons is outclassed by probably every one of the top 10 guys at LW.

KJ has been a personal favorite of mine for a while but he's barely evolved. I thought he was whuppin' Nick Diaz in their first fight even though it ended via cuts but in the second one he got eaten alive. Then he complains about Josh Thompson from "laying" on him...dude you fight MMA...you could have stuck around in boxing or K1/kickboxing. shush.

noons vs. guillard...make it happen!

lot of strikeforce guys calling out lauzon like he's near their ranking, im not even sure gilbert could beat lauzon. noons and lil couture even healy should first try their luck fighting sam stout, tibau, and guillard to gauge their worthiness.

I actually thought this fight was really close. I had it 29-28 for Noons but I can see why it went to Couture. I'd like to see Noons fight Stout.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Noons has belonged in the UFC for a while.

KJ has been stuck in purgatory like the rest of the Strikeforce roster.

I just don't see how Noons will be able to handle the top level wrestlers in the UFC. Very few are going to want to stand with him and throw hands with a pro boxer.....I see lots of "grapple fucking" in his future.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    I just don't see how Noons will be able to handle the top level wrestlers in the UFC. Very few are going to want to stand with him and throw hands with a pro boxer.....I see lots of "grapple fucking" in his future.....
    He won't get past the grapplers but he has a place with alot of the other LW's in the UFC that are similar to him in what he offers. Fights with guys like Stout, Guillard, Gomi, and Edwards all have the potential to be entertaining.

Thread Information