Thread: John Dodson Predicts The Best Scrambler Will Decide The Flyweight Title

Default John Dodson Predicts The Best Scrambler Will Decide The Flyweight Title

John Dodson Predicts The Best Scrambler Will Decide The Flyweight Title

John Dodson Predicts The Best Scrambler Will Decide The Flyweight Title - FightLine.com

"This fight is going to be so fast paced and high action because of the scrambles," said Dodson. "The scrambles between me and him is going to be the determining factor in the fight. If I can control it on top, I'll be the winner. We're going to put on the best show the world has ever seen."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Demetrious Johnson Dreams Of Finishing John Dodson Quickly - FightLine.com

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson has been pushed to the limit in each of his last six fights, as all of his UFC bouts have gone to the scorecards. With his first title defense coming Saturday night against John Dodson at UFC On Fox: Johnson Vs. Dodson, "Mighty Mouse" would like nothing more than an early finish.

"I want to go in there with a flash kick and knock him out and walk out of there with no broken bones," said Johnson, during a recent appearance on Fuel TV. "That's the way I'd like to have it. But, we don't live in a world of fantasies and I'll go in there and work hard, and come out with a victory."
    Johnson (16-2-1) won the belt by completing the first-ever UFC flyweight tournament on top. He defeated Joseph Benavidez last September, improving his Octagon mark to 4-1-1.

Dodson, meanwhile, earned himself a title shot by besting Jussier Formiga. He is a former winner of The Ultimate Fighter, and Johnson knows he will be pushed once again.

"He is a great opponent. He is very athletic," Johnson said. "I am ready to go out there and face John Dodson. That ball of fire he brings, I am ready to take care of that."
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I think we're sleeping on this fight.

I can see this two guys fighting each other like Neo VS Morpheus.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Another decision for Mouse?

Dodson's never been finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Another decision for Mouse?

Dodson's never been finished.
    I think the factors that make the fight a little more interesting are that Dodson's never been finished, he's got KO power, there's not as much tape on him, and there's a lot of tape on MM.

I think if Dodson has a chance, it's the flash KO; maybe in response to something Jackson sees in the tapes.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

DJ UD...

He is more skilled and calculated than Dodson, and has the speed to deal with him. He will get his typical UD. outland him standing, land some takedowns, win on points.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    DJ UD...

He is more skilled and calculated than Dodson, and has the speed to deal with him. He will get his typical UD. outland him standing, land some takedowns, win on points.
    That's most then likely how it's going to go.

Johnson is very good technically but uses that alot just counter and defend what his opponent is doing. I personally wouldn't have picked him or this fight to headline a fox card.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    That's most then likely how it's going to go.

Johnson is very good technically but uses that alot just counter and defend what his opponent is doing. I personally wouldn't have picked him or this fight to headline a fox card.
    Yep... the UFC is clearly trying to push the FW divison...

Rampage/Glover and Cerrone/Pettis are easily predicted to be more exciting fights, thats why they paired it with this one...

not sure its the right move by the UFC though. dont try and jam something down people's throat, if they like it, they like it... they should have gone with something more proven to maximize interest... Hell DJ and Dodson are very unknown even compared to guys like Bendo and Diaz from the last fox card.... that was a very bold move by the UFC.

Thread Information