Thread: Sonnen joins cast of UFC Tonight

Default Sonnen joins cast of UFC Tonight

Chael Sonnen announces to Kenny Florian that he’s joining the staff of UFC TONIGHT beginning January 29: “I was offered 60 MINUTES, THE TODAY SHOW, THE TONIGHT SHOW, they even said they would change the name to THE CHAEL SONNEN SHOW if I signed onto any of those sinking ships. THE X FACTOR said I could judge and compete at the same time, but I signed on the only dotted line that is important. I am going to join you in two weeks on January 29 on FUEL TV for UFC TONIGHT.

I am going to bring the wisdom and the wits and we are going to sit side-by-side. You are going to be with the often-imitated, never-duplicated, the C to the H to the A to the E to the L on UFC TONIGHT.”
    Sonnen joins cast of UFC Tonight - Mixed Martial Arts News
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Damn that will be good TV every time. Kenflo will work well with Chael I think, he does well under pressure, and Chael will undoubtedly put him into odd situations every now and then.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Oh goody, just what Chael needed: more attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Too bad he doesn't just retire now that he's got himself this new job...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Too bad he doesn't just retire now that he's got himself this new job...
    I like watching Chael fight. And he's a good persona to add to that show as well.

That is the right place for him.
    He said anyway that if he does not become world champion, then he will do other thing. After the epic beating he will get from Jones, hopefully he retires and remains as a clown for a TV program.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I'm sure this was part of Sonnen's long-term plan since he began to really trash talk. His marketing ability has paid off for him though, allowing him to talk his way into a title shot in a division he hasn't fought at recently.

Good on him for getting a nice cushty job for when he retires after losing to Jones.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvall View Post
    I like watching Chael fight. And he's a good persona to add to that show as well.
    Well we will just have to agree to disagree about the first part. He's not a bad persona though, I guess. He's kind of a nut and sometimes I don't agree with alot of what he says but he is entertaining, and he can also be accurate and informative in what he says sometimes.

I'm just not a big fan of guys who take people down and don't really look to pass guard or finish the fight much. He does fight mostly tough guys, but, it's just not my cup of tea. I like the guys who look to pass guard and get in a dominant position and really bring the hammer down as far as ground fighters go.
    Last edited by dbader08; 01-16-2013 at 11:42 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Sonnen is the Jesse "The Body" Venutra of MMA, he's the epitome of a colour commentator.

hmm jesse "the body" applies to bas moreso i think, maybe chael's the bobby the brain heenan of mma, imagine him "managing" cm punk instead of heyman, anyways why not just let the guy sub in for goldie along side rogan thatd be cool experiment, he garunteed to raise the stock of how ever is next to him by the shear osmosis of his charisma and banter, florian and anik would learn so much they might actually lossen up for once.

Thread Information