Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bellator interested in Rampage, but not Barnett

Hybrid View

Default Bellator interested in Rampage, but not Barnett

Bellator interested in Rampage, but not Barnett - Mixed Martial Arts News

"Our focus right now is the next three months, Rebney continued. "Everything we're doing right now is focused on that. [Barnett] hasn't been a topic of conversation in our meetings with the staff. Josh is a great character and he's had some great fights, but its not really on our radar."

As for "Rampage," Rebney indicated a fondness for the former light heavyweight champion and wouldn't rule out the notion of a potential signing if Jackson decides to test free agency waters after the final fight of his UFC contract on Jan. 26. But Rebney said the big question is whether Jackson has enough left in the tank to make a go under Bellator's format.

"I used to watch ‘Rampage' when he fought in Pride," Rebney said. "That's a tough question. He's an awesome, awesome fighter, and an incredible personality, and I've been a fan for a lot of years. How he could conceptually fit within the format and the structure we have? That is something where I would have to get people smarter than I around the table and discuss. I don't think he'd deny he's at the latter stages of his career. He's suffered a lot of injuries but he's still a rock star at a very high level, and we'll see what happens with his next fight. But we'll still have to sit around and figure out where he fits. He's exciting, he's entertaining, but, that would be one of those square peg, round hole situations, but sometimes you can make those work. It would depend on a lot of stuff. It would depend on the legalities of where he is with the UFC. ... We'll see. Who knows."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Where else does he go really? OneFC or Bellator?
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

I'm sure Rampage would be thrilled to enter a Bellator tournament and then draw nothing but wrestlers. Then he can complain about their poor matchmaking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I'm sure Rampage would be thrilled to enter a Bellator tournament and then draw nothing but wrestlers. Then he can complain about their poor matchmaking as well.
    A tournament can be a rigged a little through matchups through probability, can it not?

Rampage resigns with the UFC or retires

With Babalu, King Mo, and now the possibility of Rampage joining the roster, I bet M'pumbu is shaking haha. A fight between Rampage and Mo would be sick!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

At least someone is still interested in Rampage.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Josh could beat everyone in the HW division with one arm behind his back. I really could care less about Rampage. He would probably cry if Bellator matched him up with another wrestler like King Mo

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobert View Post
    Josh could beat everyone in the HW division with one arm behind his back. I really could care less about Rampage. He would probably cry if Bellator matched him up with another wrestler like King Mo

Even with two hands and a bag load of steroids he wouldnt be able to beat Cormier, JDS, Cain, Werdum, AO. Hell, Im not convinced he could beat Mir or big Nog.

I think they'll both end up fighting for One FC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information