Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bellator interested in Rampage, but not Barnett

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'd rather see them in DREAM or World Series of Fighting
    Dream? Better get paid in advance...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I'm incredibly biased but I see this as: Josh would enter and own every HW they have and really disrupt things; Rampage would add excitement, fans, and still might lose and thus validate their talent on top of it.

serious question, does the whole matching contracts thing apply for Rampage like it did/does for Alvarez? Can Bellator offer rampage a contract and the UFC can give them a big fuck you and match the offer to not only fuck bellator but fuck rampage as well?

But for the record, Rampage TKO's of KO's glover and resigns with the UFC a few months later IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    serious question, does the whole matching contracts thing apply for Rampage like it did/does for Alvarez? Can Bellator offer rampage a contract and the UFC can give them a big fuck you and match the offer to not only fuck bellator but fuck rampage as well?

But for the record, Rampage TKO's of KO's glover and resigns with the UFC a few months later IMO
    Only if it's in Rampages contract. I doubt it is. With that said, it would be hilarious if it was in his contact lol

Oh, and I have Glover taking this one

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobert View Post
    Josh could beat everyone in the HW division with one arm behind his back. I really could care less about Rampage. He would probably cry if Bellator matched him up with another wrestler like King Mo

Even with two hands and a bag load of steroids he wouldnt be able to beat Cormier, JDS, Cain, Werdum, AO. Hell, Im not convinced he could beat Mir or big Nog.

^^ I think he meant in Bellator

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    ^^ I think he meant in Bellator
    Doh!

Don't think they can afford Rampage honestly. Rampage needs to become a boxer, he has no interest in mma anymore.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Viacom now owns Bellator, so I think they have the deep pockets to pay Rampage and there's no doubt that he's still a mainstream, bankable star and would be the biggest name on their roster(next to say, the acquisition of Fedor), but I think WSOF will probably make the more substantial play for him to shore up their starpower on the burgeoning NBCSports network.

I'll always tune in to watch a Rampage fight, there's no denying that he's an explosive talent, despite his visible stymied growth as a mixed martial artist since the end of the Iberra days(I really don't think he's got the 'eye of the tiger' he once had either).

I think on the "open market", Rampage will be at the absolute top of the category includes Arlovski, Aoki and Bibiano, as major league, non-UFC main eventers. Whether it is in Japan or for BFC or WSOF, I think he'll still make bank.

I also wouldn't rule out Rampage simply taking sometime off to get some relaxation and regain that "eye of the tiger" and rededicate himself to the game and be a truly great comeback story in the UFC, there's still business to be done and Rampage hasn't gone to Tito or Randy levels of dispute.

Barnett: 'I don't really care' who I fight next
    Barnett: 'I don't really care' who I fight next - Mixed Martial Arts News
    Stephie Daniels: Speaking of money and interest, many people want to see you in the UFC. Are you any closer to putting the ink to the paper on that deal?

Josh Barnett: No idea.

Stephie Daniels: Are you being courted by other organizations? One would imagine that several of these promoters are positively salivating at the prospect of signing you to their brand.

Josh Barnett: Well, I haven't had to wash off any saliva from my pants yet [laughs]. I wouldn't be surprised if my manager is hotly debating with many folks.

Stephie Daniels: Are there any sticking points that you've laid out for your manager for contract negotiations, or do you pretty much leave it in his hands?

Josh Barnett: There is some discourse about what is acceptable and what isn't, but I do feel like my manager and I are on the same page.

Stephie Daniels: If all things fell into place, and you do end up in the UFC, is there somebody you'd like to meet in the octagon first?

Josh Barnett: Not really [laughs]. I don't really care.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information