Thread: White: Jon Jones was 'being a diva' with 'piece of meat' reaction to UFC 151 cancelat

Default White: Jon Jones was 'being a diva' with 'piece of meat' reaction to UFC 151 cancelat

Dana White: Jon Jones was 'being a diva' with 'piece of meat' reaction to UFC 151 cancelation - MMAmania.com

"People always compare me to those guys [Roger Goodell, Bud Selig and other commissioners], but I'm different than those guys ... not in a bad way," he said. "They're doing just fine with whatever they are doing. I'm different, I have been since Day One. If you come on Twitter with me, you're going to read things and see things that you don't expect from the president or commissioner of a sport."

Indeed, White currently boasts nearly 2.4 million followers worldwide. And those who monitor his feed have surely seen him take an unruly fan to task, express his latest frustration, break news or even use it to incite a flash mob at the nearest Pinkberry so he can giveaway gear, tickets and other swag.

"I'm very honest, I'm very real with everybody," he said. "And if you say something stupid to me, I'm going to say something stupid back. I think that's why people follow me -- I have fun on Twitter. Plus, we engage with the fans a lot.... I giveaway tickets, merchandise -- we do fun stuff through Twitter. And people love free shit."
    "The PR department hates me," he said. "They're always pissed at me. I'm always saying stuff before [I should].

That's a little diva there -- being treated like a piece of meat?" White continued shortly thereafter. "I think [Jones] was being a diva. It is what it is."

White quickly moved on to talk about other issues, but he made no excuses or apologies for the way in which he handles his business behind closed doors or in the public eye. It's a recipe for success that has turned a questionable $2 million investment into a $1 billion empire (maybe even much more).

"We're pretty honest and open," he said. "I'm lucky I can do it my way. I can do things the way I want and still have relationships with FOX, Bud Light and all the other people we deal with."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

"I'm lucky I can do it my way. I can do things the way I want and still have relationships with FOX, Bud Light and all the other people we deal with
    Well shit I agree with DW here, Lucky is deffinetly a good word choice.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Why is the Jones comment even the highlight of this? That shit is old and they need to stop trying to bring it back up.

Dana is very lucky tho, most ppl would get fired for saying half the shit he does.

UFC quick quote: Jon Jones responds to Dana White's ‘diva' comments
    UFC quick quote: Jon Jones responds to Dana White's ?diva' comments - MMAmania.com
    "Well, being in this business you learn to have tough skin and not take everything so personal. It is whatever. Dana says things and he says whatever is coming to his head and you can't blame him for it. Maybe sometimes I say diva-ish things, maybe I don't, maybe we just always don't agree to things, but we're learning each other and I honestly feel all our little moments are just bringing us closer together."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Aww.. how sweet.

Looks like Jones hired that well-needed publicist.

thing about luck Dana....is eventually it runs out.....when a more professional spokesperson for an up in coming org starts getting airtime and striking a contrast between how the UFC carries themselves and how they do, it will be real interesting to see the exchanges between Dana and a smooth talker with class......Personally I'd love it if Bas Rutten was a promoter, Dana would get his ass handed to him both figuratively and literally.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information