+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rampage: "Glover is too cowardly to try and stand with me"

I don't hate Rampage.

I hate it when he talks lately. I hate that he has had a highly illustrious MMA career but still hasn't learned to check a leg kick. I hate that he admitted Forrest beat him then complained like a bitch. I hate that he has looked less than motivated lately.

But I don't hate Rampage.

It should be noted that Rampage has crushed Hackleman's top student twice. Equally, it should be noted that Glover holds an ADCC win over Dean Lister.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I think people are getting ahead of themselves...

Just because rampage complains about fighting wrestlers doesnt= he has bad TDD...

He has some of the best TDD in the game...

Look at how his wrestling has held up against great wrestlers like Linland, Hendo, Randallman, Liddell, Jones, Machida. and even Hammil... Evans got the takedowns on rampage to win the rounds, but they were hard fought. he was like 3/10 or something like that...

The only fight Rampage was taken down with easy repeatedly was the Bader fight... where he has a blown knee and a bad weight cut.

Since when did Glover become a good wrestler? I have yet to be impressed with his takedowns or overall wrestling game... Although his top game is sick and he does damage, not just control... If he gets on top of Rampage, he will land some viscous gnp and go for the sub... but that is going to be hard to pull off.

Rampage was referring to Glover saying that he wanted to stand with Rampage. It is MMA, we know that, but a lie is a lie... even though we dont know anything for sure, based on what Glover said before and now this rumor...

People criticized Rampage for the Hammil fight, He didnt like it either.... Yet he defended every single takedown... Matt refused to engage rampage standing... Its very hard to KO somebody when they refuse to stand with you, even if they arent getting the takedowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    THIS JUST IN: Rampage was too cowardly to stand with Hendo!!
    Did you watch that fight? Dan kept initiating the clinch... Didnt he even say that the gameplan was to wrestle Rampage... Seems like its the other way around if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Yes MMAnews we get it, you hate Rampage.

I still remember those threads where the majority of people said Glover was a better striker than Rampage and would tko/ko him. If this is true it seems like Glover doesn't think so. GJ though guys.

Anyway, this thread isn't complete without someone mentioning Page giving a woman an abortion with his monster truck. Guess I beat everyone to it.
    Who said Glover doesn't think so besides Rampage and his internet snitches source?

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Did you watch that fight? Dan kept initiating the clinch... Didnt he even say that the gameplan was to wrestle Rampage... Seems like its the other way around if anything.
    Obviously I was exagerating a bit, but regardless of who initiated the grappling game, Rampage still USED his(grappling game). True enough?

Why didnt Rampage circle away instead of taking Dan down 5+ times? Because he saw an opening and he went for it. Like any fighter would.

Bottomline: Rampage is a hypocrite. He can take Dan down and thats OK, but anyone takes him down and all of a sudden they're "Pussies who cant fight like a man yadda yadda".

Its getting REAL old hearing a MIXED Martial Artists complain about grappling in a MIXED Martial Arts fight lol.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Why didnt Rampage circle away instead of taking Dan down 5+ times? Because he saw an opening and he went for it. Like any fighter would.

Bottomline: Rampage is a hypocrite. He can take Dan down and thats OK, but anyone takes him down and all of a sudden they're "Pussies who cant fight like a man yadda yadda".
    Did Rampage talk a big game about keeping it standing vs Hendo before the fight like Glover is doing?

I find it hard to believe you can't understand the difference in these 2 situations.
    Last edited by v3xi; 01-16-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Being able to stun your opponent at will with punches makes takedowns much easier, which Glover should be able to do due to Rampage's plodding and lack of solid mobility/footwork.

I will gladly eat my words if Rampage lands a haymaker, it is entirely possible due to how careless Glover was in his last fight when he let his guard down. Were that Rampage's fist rather than Maldonado's, the punch would do alot more than simply daze Glover.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 01-16-2013 at 09:54 PM.

I want to hear a wrestler say to Rampage, "You're too cowardly to let me lay on top of you".

Sounds like Rampage would rather just stand and strike as opposed to getting better at fighting off of his back.

Brown Pride

but a lie is a lie... even though we dont know anything for sure
    So a lie is a rumor?

People criticized Rampage for the Hammil fight, He didnt like it either.... Yet he defended every single takedown... Matt refused to engage rampage standing... Its very hard to KO somebody when they refuse to stand with you, even if they arent getting the takedowns.
    People criticize Rampage because his approach is KO or nothing. He could have tried to reverse Hamill, could have attacked his legs and made it easier to defend the TD and strike. He could have done just about anything that wasn't just complain that wrestling is part of the game.

I don't hate Rampage, but I really don't like listening to him talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Translation - "Please, please, please stand with me because it's literally the only way I can win a fight. If the fight goes to the ground, I will lose. Thanks"
    Exactly man. I think Rampage is a little more calculating than we give him credit for... He's very clearly bating Glover, hoping he'll bite and will stand with him to prove some kind of point to Rampage, that he's not afraid.
    Unfortunately for Rampage, Glover's is neither stupid or one-dimensional, and will most likely look for - and get - the takedown fairly early on in my opinion.
    I'm taking Glover by second round TKO.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

"What, we're doing spinning shit now?!"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information