Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jones to Cormier: 'Just do it'

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Hold on a second, chael getting a title shot at LHW with zero wins at that weight and people go nuts. DC gets a title shot without ANY fights at 205 and people are okay with it...

Now that ive got that rant out of the way, Bones will smash DC. Like Jones said- Just do it
    Difference is DC is coming off a win, or should I say wins. He's the SF HW tourney winner. A win over a former HW champ in Mir, further legitimizes him as top level fighter. All these accomplishments at a HIGHER weight class is good enough for him to forego an initial LHW match and jump into a title match. It would be like GSP fighting Silva without having a single fight at MW.

Also, He is asking for the Jones fight and wants it bad enough to drop weight and meet Jones at his weigh class rather than make Jones come up in weight.

It's unlike Anderson Silva, who wants the GSP fight so badly but wants GSP to come up in weight rather he himself go down and fight GSP.

Hold on a second, chael getting a title shot at LHW with zero wins at that weight and people go nuts. DC gets a title shot without ANY fights at 205 and people are okay with it...
    It is an absolute undeserved title shot if Cormier indeed gets it. However, stylistically Cormier is a threat to Jones.
    Jones will make Sonnen look like a little puppy.

Cormier would get a title shot after 11 or 12 wins in the HW division including the likes of BigFoot Silva, Barnett and Mir.
    Sonnen got his title shot after being humiliated by Anderson Silva and a little trash talk via Twitter.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

i think dc is a great fight to gauge whether bones is ready for a true heavyweight run, DC doesnt have to win to ruin jones' hopes for heavyweight he probably just needs to manhandle him alittle like he did with barnett, both guys have a lot to lose by being derailed by the other and of course bones wants nothing more than to rail an olympian

DC weighed 238 when he fought Barnett and 230 this last outing. 25lbs aint shit for someone as chubby as he is. He wont even have a six pack at 205. My guess is he'll diet and lose 10-15 lbs and cut the rest.
    Oh yeah, just saying Jones said just do it because of the positive response Cain got for saying it to Mr. Fury. Doesn't work that well giving the context.
    Last edited by optimusjoel; 01-17-2013 at 01:10 AM.

DC just might be able to beat Jones, that is if he can hold him down. I don't see DC out striking Jones. The winner of the fight would be the one who can GNP on top to finish or score more points. It could be FOTY when it's made. or Jones could dominate DC, at this point it's hard to bet against Jones....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Isnt Bones next opponent after Sonnen already picked anyway? I thought Hendo vs Machida was for the #1 contender at LHW...
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

"Just do it." I see what Jones did there.
    You have to know what you don't know.

You see guys you have it all wrong.... Jones vs DC will be DCs test at 205 before his title shot against Chael! LOL ok ok

Now that ive got that rant out of the way, Bones will smash DC. Like Jones said- Just do it
    I think the general consensus is that Cormier should have to at least have a fight or two at lhw. And this is irrelevant anyways seeing as chael is coming off a loss in a lower weight class, while Cormier is coming off a pretty impressive undefeated run. I think you are just trying to find any scapegoat to justify chael getting an undeserving shot at jones.

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    Isnt Bones next opponent after Sonnen already picked anyway? I thought Hendo vs Machida was for the #1 contender at LHW...
    Last I heard Gustaffson was going to be next in line after his win over Shogun. Henderson and Machida are still in the dog house with Dana so they aren't going to get a shot anytime soon if there are other options.

Henderson would have to do something really impressive to get a shot anytime soon.

Thread Information