Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jones to Cormier: 'Just do it'

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Last I heard Gustaffson was going to be next in line after his win over Shogun. Henderson and Machida are still in the dog house with Dana so they aren't going to get a shot anytime soon if there are other options.

Henderson would have to do something really impressive to get a shot anytime soon.
    That would be some major bs. If he wins his fight, his latest run would include winning the strikeforce title, beating fedor, and wins over 2 top 5 (or maybe top 10) lhws in shogun and machida.

I am going to say this right now and by the end of 2013 people will be saying it as well.

Daniel Cormier is the best fighter in the world. There is currently not a single fighter in MMA that can beat him, period. Not Cain, not Overeem, not JDS, not Jones, not Hendo, not Anderson Silva... no one. He is going to make short work of Mir and Jones if those fights ever happen.

Seriously what does Jones have to offer Cormier? Nothing. He can't stand with him and good luck grappling with him. Someone will point out the size difference and I will be the first to point out this the man that ragdolled Bigfoot and Barnett, two the biggest fighters in all of MMA. Jones you better enjoy that title because it is only a matter of time because Cormier is taking it from you.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I am going to say this right now and by the end of 2013 people will be saying it as well.

Daniel Cormier is the best fighter in the world. There is currently not a single fighter in MMA that can beat him, period. Not Cain, not Overeem, not JDS, not Jones, not Hendo, not Anderson Silva... no one. He is going to make short work of Mir and Jones if those fights ever happen.

Seriously what does Jones have to offer Cormier? Nothing. He can't stand with him and good luck grappling with him. Someone will point out the size difference and I will be the first to point out this the man that ragdolled Bigfoot and Barnett, two the biggest fighters in all of MMA. Jones you better enjoy that title because it is only a matter of time because Cormier is taking it from you.
    Its gonna be hilarious when Mir subs him
    I am the liquor

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    DC weighed 238 when he fought Barnett and 230 this last outing. 25lbs aint shit for someone as chubby as he is. He wont even have a six pack at 205. My guess is he'll diet and lose 10-15 lbs and cut the rest.
    Oh yeah, just saying Jones said just do it because of the positive response Cain got for saying it to Mr. Fury. Doesn't work that well giving the context.
    You ever think that Jones said "just do it because, he is sponsored by NIKE.........
    Nah you're probably right, Jones chose to use the most popular merchandising phrase because he wanted to be like Cain...
    Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post

I find it comforting that you made this prediction, since Your love for wrestlers seems to cloud your judgement sometimes.

As far as striking goes, I would say tat Bones is better than anyone Cormier has faced. He was getting tagged by knees and jabs when he faced Barnet. Also, Jones wrestling>>>Barnets and is much better at utilizing his reach/keeping distance than anyone DC has faced. That lateral drop DC pulled last fight was beautifully set up though. I imagine the Jones vs Sonnen fight will be very telling of his actual wrestling ability. I just think Jones will attack DCs legs like he does everyone else and eventually take him down for a TKO stoppage via Elbows.
    Last edited by CtGreat; 01-17-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    You ever think that Jones said "just do it because, he is sponsored by NIKE.........
    Nah you're probably right, Jones chose to use the most popular merchandising phrase because he wanted to be like Cain...
    You know I did consider that, but ruled it out do to how lame it is and always was. In school it was always the nerdy kid or the out of touch teacher who would use that phrase or the "raise the roof" motion to try to fit in. I did watch the interview of it as well and he says just do it already then, not "just do it".

Just do it... while building up for the fight. I'm looking forward to this fight if Cormier does make the drop to 205.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    You know I did consider that, but ruled it out do to how lame it is and always was. In school it was always the nerdy kid or the out of touch teacher who would use that phrase or the "raise the roof" motion to try to fit in. I did watch the interview of it as well and he says just do it already then, not "just do it".
    The one thing Jones is not, is cool. So him trying to "raise the roof" at a party probably isn't all that farfetched haha.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Lance Armstrong could help Cormier get to 205.
    did he not come in to his last fight @ 230 he dont need help

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    The one thing Jones is not, is cool. So him trying to "raise the roof" at a party probably isn't all that farfetched haha.
    Lol you have a good point

Thread Information