Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ronda Rousey tweets video claiming Sandy Hook shootings were government conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by d-low View Post
    Who said she was making a claim? All she said was that this video is interesting.....I'm not sticking up for her or anything, but I don't find anything wrong with what she posted.....
    She's entertaining the idea that it could be real and she is endorsing it. It's horrible pr whether she states she believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I would agree with you except that a person who re-tweets or posts crap like this give it a bit of an endorsement....and a celebrity endorsement is a big thing. Just look at some of the RIDICULOUS SHIT that has sold simply based on a celebrity endorsement....power bands? Skechers Shape-ups? ThighMaster?

See the point?

Watching the video and saying, "HMM...that's interesting I think I'll develop my own opinion." That's free-thinking and healthy skepticism. Posting it and saying, "Extremely interesting must watch video" is absolutely an open endorsement.
    Well, the people you talk about who will follow so easily are in fact the problem. Not the person/celebrity who endorsed, or better yet, just mentioned something in a tweet as being interesting. To me that is along the same lines as saying Heavy Metal Music, Video Games, Movies or any other things like this are to blame instead of the kid's, whom committed such a crime, actual Parents who should of been regulating any and all of the aforementioned in the first place. My point is, it doesn't matter if someone endorses, mentions, points at or whatever. It's all up to oneself to form their own opinion. To blame another for forming your opinion for you is what is ridiculous. She wasn't making 'rape/racist jokes' or anything. So why reprimand?

See my point?

I didn't ask for a reprimand.

I think a person who is a professional should conduct themselves as such; including being aware of the effect their opinions have on the impressionable.

Rousey says stupid shit. It's a fact.

And for someone who chastised kim Kardashian for the standard she sets for young people
    Fuck her. And that's my opinion. Yes fuck her for perpetuating a malicious, preposterous,presumptuous, piece of shit conspiracy theory-riddled video that young people and morons will likely now watch because ronda rousey has used her ounce of fame to dub a must watch.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I think you give her too much credit. But fair points.

Thread Information