Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Barnett signs with the UFC?

Hybrid View

Default Josh Barnett signs with the UFC?

saw someone post this on facebook...i know reports said yesterday only DC was coming over but it looks like Barnett is too?

Follow the link;

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/josh-barnett

I freakin' hope so. The more people from SF that are brought over, the better IMO. We get tons of crazy match-ups, and the fans win.

Josh Barnett VS Any UFC HW is good to me.

Bring on The Warmaster!
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Argh! He should be fighting frank Mir, I don't know why DC has a bug up his ass about fighting Mir. Let DC fight Mark Hunt or Gonzaga, give us Mir vs Barnett and make it the next season of TUF. Do I need to come over their and do your job for you Dana?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Argh! He should be fighting frank Mir, I don't know why DC has a bug up his ass about fighting Mir. Let DC fight Mark Hunt or Gonzaga, give us Mir vs Barnett and make it the next season of TUF. Do I need to come over their and do your job for you Dana?
    right on point

Who is not matched up currently with anyone? If this is true Roy Nelson would be a good first fight for Barnett. I also agree with Joe. Have Frank and Josh fight. That would be a spectacular comain on a pay or main event on a free show.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Who is not matched up currently with anyone? If this is true Roy Nelson would be a good first fight for Barnett. I also agree with Joe. Have Frank and Josh fight. That would be a spectacular comain on a pay or main event on a free show.
    This. Dana would pray for the simultaneous double KO.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I do not think Nelson is a good first fight for Barnett because Barnett is probably only a win or two from a title shot and Nelson is no where close. As much as I have been a detractor of Barnett and called him the most overrated fighter in MMA I can not deny the fact the guy is good, even great. I say a fight with JDS would be a good spot for him.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I do not think Nelson is a good first fight for Barnett because Barnett is probably only a win or two from a title shot and Nelson is no where close. .
    Im sorry but HOW on earth is Barnett one fight away from a title shot? He just got throughly tooled by DC then fought a complete no name, again HOW is he even close to a UFC title shot lol??

Name only?

Quote Originally Posted by krayven View Post
    Barnett vs JDS maybe?
    Why should Barnett be given the last UFC champ, arguably the #2 HW right now, when Barnett hasnt had a WIN over a top ten in YEARS??

People see the name "Josh Barnett" and automatically think he should be fighting the top 3 HWs in the world? I dont.

I say start him off with guys like Mitrione/Kongo/Barry/ MAYBE Nelson.

But for him to just leapfrog the entire division and get a title shot or a crack at the #2-#3 guy "Just because" makes absolutly no sense.

Barnett needs to EARN his spot, not have it given to him. Hes not the SF champ, never was, and hes not coming over with a huge list of awsome victories. Lets be honest here people.

Hes got a name, and a good skillset yes. But he doesnt deserve a fight aginst Cain or JDS, At the moment.

Now thats all said, I hope this is true.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    Im sorry but HOW on earth is Barnett one fight away from a title shot? He just got throughly tooled by DC then fought a complete no name, again HOW is he even close to a UFC title shot lol??

Name only?

Why should Barnett be given the last UFC champ, arguably the #2 HW right now, when Barnett hasnt had a WIN over a top ten in YEARS??

People see the name "Josh Barnett" and automatically think he should be fighting the top 3 HWs in the world? I dont.

I say start him off with guys like Mitrione/Kongo/Barry/ MAYBE Nelson.

But for him to just leapfrog the entire division and get a title shot or a crack at the #2-#3 guy "Just because" makes absolutly no sense.

Barnett needs to EARN his spot, not have it given to him. Hes not the SF champ, never was, and hes not coming over with a huge list of awsome victories. Lets be honest here people.

Hes got a name, and a good skillset yes. But he doesnt deserve a fight aginst Cain or JDS, At the moment.

Now thats all said, I hope this is true.
    well said

Thread Information