+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UFC releases nine fighters from their roster, including Chad Griggs, Jeff Hougland

1. Default UFC releases nine fighters from their roster, including Chad Griggs, Jeff Hougland

UFC releases nine fighters from their roster, including Chad Griggs, Jeff Hougland, and Marcus LeVesseur - Bloody Elbow

With the Strikeforce migration underway, the UFC was forced to make some room for their newest signings. The news of fighter releases had been relatively quiet over the last several weeks, but the proverbial pink slip has come for several UFC fighters today. MMA Opinion has the list:

The UFC have released a number of fighters just as they make room for the additions of the Strikeforce signees.

Chad Griggs, Nick Penner, Marcus LeVesseur, John Cofer, Joey Gambino, Jeff Hougland, Jared Papazian and Yasuhiro Urishitani and Henry Martinez are the 9 released.

These are not incredibly surprising cuts at all. The cumulative UFC record of the nine released is 3-19, so it's hard to argue that any one of these fighters was a bad one. Urushitani's release is the only really interesting one, as the flyweight division is rather shallow. And while his run was thoroughly uninspiring, Marcus LeVesseur did take his UFC on FOX 5 fight with Abel Trujillo literally on 24 hours notice when Tim Means slipped and fell in the sauna.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

3-19?? not surprising.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Yeah, no surprises there. Kind of sucks for LeVesseur though. You'd think the UFC would throw him a bone for saving a fight on such short notice.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I wish they would have kept Martinez. That kid can scrap. I would have loved to see him develop his striking, and try for a lower weight class.
    Those who know......know......4 life!

I was hoping Griggs would do well.

dude wheres the fx7 thread at, we gotta talk about the lime green cameltoe, i love brazil
    Last edited by mmawolverine; 01-18-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    dude wheres the fx7 thread at, we gotta take about the lime green cameltoe, i love brazil
    lmfao dude go to the ufc's facebook page...cameltoe comments galore on the weigh-in pictures.

8. 01-19-2013, 07:29 AM

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information