Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Evans: Jones is so good because he has little fear

Default Rashad Evans: Jones is so good because he has little fear

Rashad Evans: Jones is so good because he has little fear | UFC News MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

Rashad Evans Via MMAMANIA.com:

“The reason why he fights so fearlessly is because he really doesn’t have that much fear. The minute you start having fear is the minute you become like everybody else who competes — afraid to take chances, afraid to pull off those big moves that you did in practice. That hesitation leaves you vulnerable for a counter.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Every fighter loses.

With the exception of a select few, like Marciano.

A loss does not matter, it matters how you recover from that loss.

Jones has yet to feel the sting of a real defeat (Hamburger Meatface Hammill). We will see how Jones emerges after a loss that we all know is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    We will see how Jones emerges after a loss that we all know is coming.
    Unless he fights Cormier, I do not see him losing anytime soon. And even if he fight Cormier it is not a guarantee that he will lose. We have not seen Cormier as a LHW yet and Jones has looked way more impressive than Cormier.
    IMO Machida is the only LHW who still has a chance of beating him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

“The reason why he fights so fearlessly is because he really doesn’t have that much fear..." -Rashaad Evans

I would want to rephrase that...haha

Yes, but the reason he doesn't have fear is because he is a bad mofo!
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

For me, a few fighters come to mind. I don't want to say they fight with reckless abandonment, but they fight with such confidence, they really don't fear losing or being hurt. Wandy, Jones, and of course Fedor are great at this and I think its a huge advantage for them and gives them an edge over their opponent
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    For me, a few fighters come to mind. I don't want to say they fight with reckless abandonment, but they fight with such confidence, they really don't fear losing or being hurt. Wandy, Jones, and of course Fedor are great at this and I think its a huge advantage for them and gives them an edge over their opponent
    You are right I think to an extent some people need to have a little fear to compete better others perform better when they are completely confident.

I think that mindset hurt Fedor towards the end of his career though and I think it's been a detriment more often then not for Wandy in the last few years when he still displays it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Unless he fights Cormier, I do not see him losing anytime soon. And even if he fight Cormier it is not a guarantee that he will lose. We have not seen Cormier as a LHW yet and Jones has looked way more impressive than Cormier.
    IMO Machida is the only LHW who still has a chance of beating him.
    Im im sorry did you just overlook Goose?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I do not see how Goose can beat Jones.

As for Fedor, he had said in interviews that he is nervous before a fight, but when the time comes, he tries to be very focused and not think about anything.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    You are right I think to an extent some people need to have a little fear to compete better others perform better when they are completely confident.

I think that mindset hurt Fedor towards the end of his career though and I think it's been a detriment more often then not for Wandy in the last few years when he still displays it.
    I think Jones is very different than Fedor and Wandy in terms of little fear. Fedor and Wandy moved forward got tagged and kept coming. I think the damage, especially for Wandy has added up over the years.

For Jones, he can move forward with striking and be out of harms way pretty quickly, given his reach, so is not taking much if any damage.
    Last edited by VimyRidge; 01-19-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Thread Information