Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Gegard Mousasi slated for April in Sweden

Default Alexander Gustafsson vs. Gegard Mousasi slated for April in Sweden

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Gegard Mousasi slated for April in Sweden - MMA Fighting

It appears as though Alexander Gustafsson will be the first to welcome Gegard Mousasi to the UFC.

Gustafsson and Mousasi have verbally agreed to meet on April 6 in Sweden. The event is expected to be dubbed UFC on FUEL TV 9. MMAFighting.com confirmed the story with one source earlier in the week, and Swedish MMA Web site Kimura.se is reporting Gustafsson announced the fight at a gym opening in Sweden on Saturday.

This will mark the UFC's second trip to Sweden. UFC on FUEL TV 2, also headlined by Gustafsson, was held in Stockholm, Sweden last April, and the sold-out event was a rousing success. The same report states UFC on FUEL TV 9 will also be held at Stockholm's Ericsson Globe Arena.

UFC Quick Quote: Alexander Gustafsson has 'no doubt' he will defeat Gegard Mousasi

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/20/38...he-will-defeat

"Gegard is by far the most dangerous opponent so far, no question he's young, he's hungry and he has a lot of fight experience, so it's going to be interesting to see. I can't wait to fight in my hometown in front of my home audience against a top guy like that, so, I'm very happy...I will win the fight, no doubt, I will win the fight. And how I will win? It's not going to be a decision, that's for sure because two decisions like in a row now is too much. I want to have a finish, I want to go for a finish, I want a finish and I'm going to win the fight no doubt. But Gegard is the toughest opponent so far, so it's going to be a great fight and a great camp."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 01-21-2013 at 09:54 AM.

I really like this fight, although I wasn't to impressed with either guy's last performance. Supposedly Mousasi was sick so I'll give him a pass. It'll be interesting to see how Mousasi deals with Goose's height and footwork.

Wooooo, another event in Sweden. sweet. Looks like im going back there, UFC on Fuel 2 was awesome, great atmosphere in Sweden too. Really nice people. Full of hot chicks.

Oh hells yes ! Sick matchup should be some beautiful striking on display this night.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Goose took apart a perennial top 5 LHW. I think that's pretty impressive considering no one thought he could do it.

I'm not a fan of Gegard getting such a huge name his first time in the UFC, Goose is literally a win away if the Shogun fight didn't put him as the #1 contender.
    Goose really only started teeing/hurt shogun in the third. While also constantly eating the same predictable overhand right from shogun. Goose is a monster but I just expected him to look so much better against a predictable shogun.

Mousasi is going to be alot smaller, but I think he has the superior technical prowess, especially in the striking department, however I think they're a bit offset by Goose's size.

I think Mousasi takes this, but if Goose tries to grappling him, it's a tossup. Mousasi's got dope subs, but I think size will really be to Goose's advantage.

Keep in mind I'm a Mousasi mark, but his striking is pinpoint and he'll know be fighting regularly.

Sweet matchup, one of the fights I'm looking forward since the SF guys are coming over.

I can kind of agree with Sakara about him getting such a high ranked fighter in his debut. Big risk for Goose in accepting this fight.

They shouldve started Mousasi off against some guys like Davis/Forrest/Franklin/Bader first imo. It makes more sense rankings wise and itd give Mousasi a better chance of winning and making a name for himself before he makes a run for the title.

If Mousasi wins this he'll jump right into "the mix", and the way title fights have been booked lately Mousasi could find himself fighting for the title if the stars align.
    Last edited by LefthookStcrook; 01-19-2013 at 12:31 PM.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

With Chael vs Jones happening in a couple months and Henderson/Machida winner waiting in the wings for their title shot, this fight seems to make sense to determine where the division stands after Hendo finally gets his shot at the title.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Great fight, I see Goose winning this. I think Gegard should have been matched up with Shogun instead, but this will work!
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information