Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on FX 7 Results: What's Next for Michael Bisping?

Default UFC on FX 7 Results: What's Next for Michael Bisping?

UFC on FX 7 Results: What's Next for Michael Bisping?

UFC on FX 7 Results: What's Next for Michael Bisping? | Bleacher Report

This is nothing new for Bisping, who always seems to lose when it matters most (Kenny Florian feels you, bro), but the British standout undoubtedly feels more than a little gutted after squandered this opportunity.

Despite the devastating nature of this loss, it does not mark the end of the road for "The Count."

He is still a better-than-average fighter in the UFC's 185-pound division, and his trash-talking skills make him a consistent draw for the organization.

Thankfully for Bisping moving forward, he's already stirred up beef with two top middleweights while preparing for Belfort.

These two, Alan Belcher and Chris Weidman, were the source of much criticism courtesy of "The Count," and now a fight with either man looms.

Personally, I like Bisping vs. Belcher better right now.

For one, Belcher is not afraid to talk back and spew his own line of trash talk. Weidman, for his considerable talents, is not much of a showman, so Bisping vs. Belcher makes the most sense from a financial standpoint.

The matchup also makes more sense in keeping the UFC middleweight division churning smoothly. With Bisping out of the picture, Silva needs a challenger, and that man should be Weidman. He has done more to earn it at this point, and the New Yorker's stifling wrestling game could very well give "The Spider" issues.

Meanwhile, Bisping vs. Belcher is similarly fun. Both guys are solid everywhere the fight goes, and both are always well-prepared for combat.

Because of this, Bisping vs. Belcher makes sense on all levels.

In his post-fight interview, Bisping said he would "be back," and Belcher is a great place to start.

If, however, the UFC elects for a different matchup, I love the idea of Bisping vs. Rich Franklin to fulfill Franklin's final fight on his UFC contract.

The two match up well together, they are both well-known, proven commodities, and Bisping will make Franklin work if he wishes to close out his career in style.
    After Failing in Third UFC Title Eliminator, Michael Bisping Promises to Return
    After Failing in Third UFC Title Eliminator, Michael Bisping Promises to Return | 5thRound.com
    “You win some, you lose some. I am not going away,” Bisping stated during his in-Octagon post-fight interview. “Trust me, I’m gonna be back. I’ll be back at the top of this pile before you [expletive] know it.”

Tito Ortiz Offers Support To Fallen Michael Bisping: 'Keep Your Head Up'
    Tito Ortiz Offers Support To Fallen Michael Bisping: 'Keep Your Head Up' - FightLine.com

"Keep your head up," Ortiz sent to Bisping via Twitter. "Lose some win some. To fight another day will happen. Hate or love they all care!"
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 01-20-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Bisping v Franklin would be good can have it headline a UK card.

My guess is Bisping will get fed a match he can win for sure though. I'm sure Dana wants to find a way for him to get a title shot at some point and any tough matches that could lead to back to back losses are unlikely.

Dana has no problem giving people a title shot coming off of a loss anymore. Getting ktfo by Bisping won't necessarily mean he won't get a shot at Anderson. But he will most likely be spoon fed another "top contender." Probably Buddy Roberts, or Jared Hammond, but the logical choice would be Lombard or Munoz

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

There are a lot of fights for him out there Franklin/Munoz/Belcher/Boetsch all great matchups. But damn did this fight set him back, it almost makes it hard to take him seriously as a legitimate MW contender in his next fight. He simply cannot compete with the elite.

PS I still hold a grudge for him ruining his fight with Rivera, they had a great feud going into the fight and he turned it to shit with that blatant illegal knee...

5. 01-20-2013, 09:07 AM

I like the Belcher fight. Gives Belcher a change to redeem himself and keeps Bisping around which is all you can really do after losing two #1 contender fights (maybe three...)

In all likelihood, Bisping is entering gatekeeper official status. He's a very game opponent but his repeated failures competing with the top of the division and his lack of finishes makes him a difficult name to promote at MW. He probably rides his nationality to a successful career but that's it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Probably Buddy Roberts, or Jared Hammond, but the logical choice would be Lombard or Munoz
    I think Lombard is a rough matchup: doesn't prove Lombard is a contender and he's a guy who would give Bisping problems. His TDD is some of the best and he darts in with nasty power which is hard on a guy that needs to keep on the outside to win and can lose in a punch.

Munoz would be a fun fight, I'd definitely watch it. Munoz has the power but not the speed and definitely not the technique of Bisping. His TD v. Bispings TDD would be a fun match up; though I'd lean towards Bisping pulling the UD.

I think Lombard is a rough matchup doesn't prove Lombard is a contender and he's a guy who would give Bisping problems. His TDD is some of the best and he darts in with nasty power which is hard on a guy that needs to keep on the outside to win and can lose in a punch.

Munoz would be a fun fight, I'd definitely watch it. Munoz has the power but not the speed and definitely not the technique of Bisping. His TD v. Bispings TDD would be a fun match up; though I'd lean towards Bisping pulling the UD.
    I agree with both. Bisping would have a really hard time with Lombard but with all the trash talk that has been going on between the two of them and Lombard asking for that fight, it seems like it could happen. Besides, seeing Pip get knocked out again would be awesome

Munoz would definitely be the closer fight as far as rankings are concerned. It would really be a battle to see who can remain relevant in the division so both of them would be super motivated to walk away with a win. I could see it going the other way though and having mark grind out a decision.

Two tough fights for him against top ten guys. I don't think Joe Silva would throw him in against someone that has much of a chance to beat him. They'll give him another Dan Miller caliber opponent and advertise it as a "step up" in competition for them, not a step back for Bisping.

So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

8. Default

pips mouth has written a lot of past due notes in the last few months. I think its time some of those fighters got the chance to collect. that "fat" mark munoz is near the top of the list Id say.

9. Default

what a gloryfully night for me Bisping was respectfully last night, but the true test is the next few days for the bloke when his true colors usally show up. It would be great for Munos to get a win over him due to the smack talk, but see a dec for Bisping. O'Well it made staying up worth it with a 4 am wake up

What's next for Bisping?

Not Belcher, not Weidman, not Lambard...

Luke Rockhold asked for Bisping. Now that The Count lost, Rockhold will get his wish.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

11. Default

Munoz vs Mike

Weidman vs Anderson

Belcher vs Vitor

Make them happen please
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Thread Information