Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: UFC on FX 7 Results: What's Next for Michael Bisping?

  1. #11
    Kimbo> Rampage Guest

    Default

    I wouldnt mind seeing Bisping fight Weidman or Rockhold... I could easily see him winning both of those fights, that is how good he is. He matches up better with both of them...

    However they are both close to a title shot, and Bisping just lost... No way the UFC makes those matchups.


    What I hate seeing and what I knew I would see is...

    Vitor KO's Bisping= Weidman better than Bisping.

    Break down the stylistic clashes...

    Also while Chris could exploit Vitor's wrestling, if he stood with Vitor for too long, he easily gets put out as well imo.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,057

    Default

    I think Bisping matching up with either Belcher or Boetsch would make sense since they were all "in the mix" coming off of losses, however I think they'll take the path of a soft rebuild with a solid degree of protection against the likes of Franklin, Cung, Dollaway, Sakara or Herman or maybe a lighter level Strikeforce crossovers like Gracie or Larkin.

    Bisping is such a major name, that I don't think ZUFFA wants to run the risk of having him get dropped in two straight fights. It's all about protecting their investment.....

  3. Default

    I would say that a hospital visit would be next.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I think Bisping matching up with either Belcher or Boetsch would make sense since they were all "in the mix" coming off of losses, however I think they'll take the path of a soft rebuild with a solid degree of protection against the likes of Franklin, Cung, Dollaway, Sakara or Herman or maybe a lighter level Strikeforce crossovers like Gracie or Larkin.

    Bisping is such a major name, that I don't think ZUFFA wants to run the risk of having him get dropped in two straight fights. It's all about protecting their investment.....
    Really, you think Bisping goes that far down the list to fight the likes of Dollaway, Sakara or Herman... I think the fans would see right through that and it would almost be too much of a risk for Bisping. Imagine Bisping loosing to Dollaway?

    Franklin or Cung sound about right though.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  5. Default

    Leben vs Bisping II
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  6. #16
    Kimbo> Rampage Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Leben vs Bisping II
    Has Bisping fallen off that much? Was the first fight not convincing enough?

    Bisping can still be a very tough test for those trying to work their way up the ladder.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Really, you think Bisping goes that far down the list to fight the likes of Dollaway, Sakara or Herman... I think the fans would see right through that and it would almost be too much of a risk for Bisping. Imagine Bisping loosing to Dollaway?
    I have no doubt that ZUFFA will protect Bisping and I don't think they care about what it looks like(much like many of their actions). I mean, Jorge Rivera, Akiyama and Dan Miller were all mid to low teens ranked MWs in an attempt to build Bisping's credibility back up. Those four wins between the Wand and Sonnen losses are a prime example of fighters who I think they'll provide to Bisping.

    Maybe Consta, but I think they want to get him a win in his column ASAP, so they can hype him back up. Hell, he beat Stann and was thrust into a fight where, had he have won, he'd have been given a title shot.

  8. #18
    Kimbo> Rampage Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I have no doubt that ZUFFA will protect Bisping and I don't think they care about what it looks like(much like many of their actions). I mean, Jorge Rivera, Akiyama and Dan Miller were all mid to low teens ranked MWs in an attempt to build Bisping's credibility back up. Those four wins between the Wand and Sonnen losses are a prime example of fighters who I think they'll provide to Bisping.

    Maybe Consta, but I think they want to get him a win in his column ASAP, so they can hype him back up. Hell, he beat Stann and was thrust into a fight where, had he have won, he'd have been given a title shot.
    Well anytime you fight an elite figther, you could get a title shot with a win. Vitor is a legend... Bisping matches up with someone like Okami much better. He has the wresting game boxing to deal with Okami's wrestling and boxing. While Okami doesnt have the speed and power that Vitor has...

    Okami is right there with Vitor, if not higher and a much safter fight for Mike... The UFC has looked to protect mike several times in the past, but this isnt one of them... Not many people had Bisping winning, even the ones who wanted him to win.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Well anytime you fight an elite figther, you could get a title shot with a win. Vitor is a legend... Bisping matches up with someone like Okami much better. He has the wresting game boxing to deal with Okami's wrestling and boxing. While Okami doesnt have the speed and power that Vitor has...

    Okami is right there with Vitor, if not higher and a much safter fight for Mike... The UFC has looked to protect mike several times in the past, but this isnt one of them... Not many people had Bisping winning, even the ones who wanted him to win.
    I'd say that Okami is a rung below Vitor, but is also a more methodical all-around fighter(I like refer to watching him akin to running in quicksand), but I thought he was in line to take on Lombard? I think Bisping/Okami is a total stalemate clinchwar where Okami's strength would be the determining factor and I don't think ZUFFA wants Bisping dropping 2 straight since he can main or co-main anchor any card he's on.

    Also, I actually think alot of us had Bisping besting Vitor(I was one) by weathering the early storm by using his wrestling and clinchwork in close and utilizing his superior pacing to press Vitor into the later rounds, where he'd gas Vitor until he could just outwork him to a decision or late stoppage. There's no shame in losing to Vitor, but I don't think we'll see him against a top guy for a few fights at least.

    Also, do you have your 6 month name change ready to give me if Rampage wins? I've gotta start of thinking of a good one(just nothing crude)

  10. #20
    Kimbo> Rampage Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I'd say that Okami is a rung below Vitor, but is also a more methodical all-around fighter(I like refer to watching him akin to running in quicksand), but I thought he was in line to take on Lombard? I think Bisping/Okami is a total stalemate clinchwar where Okami's strength would be the determining factor and I don't think ZUFFA wants Bisping dropping 2 straight since he can main or co-main anchor any card he's on.

    Also, I actually think alot of us had Bisping besting Vitor(I was one) by weathering the early storm by using his wrestling and clinchwork in close and utilizing his superior pacing to press Vitor into the later rounds, where he'd gas Vitor until he could just outwork him to a decision or late stoppage. There's no shame in losing to Vitor, but I don't think we'll see him against a top guy for a few fights at least.

    Also, do you have your 6 month name change ready to give me if Rampage wins? I've gotta start of thinking of a good one(just nothing crude)
    Glover is looking sharp.... Training with guys like Liddell and Machida can only help his cause... While Rampage did look fat and under motivated to me... I think I may sit this one out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •