+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anderson Silva has not signed a new contract despite reports from Dana White

1. Default Anderson Silva has not signed a new contract despite reports from Dana White

Anderson Silva has not signed a new contract despite reports from Dana White - Bloody Elbow

Back in December, UFC president Dana White made a big deal about Middleweight champion Anderson Silva refusing to sign an 8-fight contract to renew his commitment with the UFC. Instead, according to White, Silva insisted on a 10-fight contract. Following UFC 155, White said that Silva will sign a 10-fight deal at the post-fight media scrum.

However, after UFC On FX 7 Saturday night, Silva said that he has not signed a new contract with the UFC yet. Josh Gross of ESPN reported via Twitter:

Josh Gross@JoshGrossESPN
    I've confirmed that Anderson Silva has not signed a new contract with the UFC. No idea why Dana White said he did. Hope someone asks him.
    19 Jan 13 ReplyRetweetFavorite
    Silva confirmed Gross's statement in an interview after Saturday's event. However, Dana did seem very confident that the UFC's most impressive champion will sign the contract. Additionally, when asked about his next title defense Silva said "I need to talk to Dana and Lorenzo."
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

i actually dont remember him every saying AS signed the contract. I remember him saying they were going to sign him to the 10 fight deal that AS was asking for.

Is it just me, or is it hard to take anything reported by ESPN seriously when it relates to MMA (and NHL)?

September 27, 2014

Perhaps retirement is in his future?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Poor Anderson won't get to squelch Bisping for a easy payday.

nothing against espn but come on its f'n josh gross he'll do anything to make dana look bad, i dont recall dana saying the deal was signed/official

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information