Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weidman ready for Anderson Silva in the summer following UFC On FX 7

Default Weidman ready for Anderson Silva in the summer following UFC On FX 7

Weidman ready for Anderson Silva in the summer following UFC On FX 7
    Chris Weidman ready for Anderson Silva in the summer following UFC On FX 7 - Bloody Elbow

Chris Weidman ‏@ChrisWeidmanUFC

Ill be back in summer and that's when Anderson wanted to fight..coincidence? I think not : )
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

who betta den weidman.... nobody
    hope anderson signs on the dotted line

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    who betta den weidman.... nobody
    hope anderson signs on the dotted line
    Anderson didn't sign that contract extension because he wanted to see the outcome of the Bisping-Belfort fight first. His options were either Bisping or take the next 27 months off to build his dream home.

Did Anderson really say that he was looking to fight this summer? I thought he said something about needing to talk to Dana and Lorenzo first (translation: more stalling via Ed Soares).

I'm a Weidman fan but I think the promotion should always give guys a non-title fight first when coming back from injury.

Title shots come rarely and you don't want any mystery of "ring rust" around a performance. Plus Weidman will be much more promotable after another fight. I'm guessing the DW is looking at alternatives now to see if any make sense. Unfortunately, probably none do.

Weidman became a pretty clear cut top contender at 185 because all of his opposition lost. I would still want to see the fight, but I'd rather see Weidman fight someone else first.

Zombie is born!

Was gutting to see Bisping lose like that, he should have put the pressure on Belfort in the first and maybe got a takedown, to try an take the spring out of Belfort's step.

Anyway, give Weidman the title shot and send him back to the back of the line with a KO loss and a lesson learned.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I'm a Weidman fan but I think the promotion should always give guys a non-title fight first when coming back from injury.

Title shots come rarely and you don't want any mystery of "ring rust" around a performance. Plus Weidman will be much more promotable after another fight. I'm guessing the DW is looking at alternatives now to see if any make sense. Unfortunately, probably none do.
    how about luke rockhold? ufc could do a champion vs. champion match around summer and in the same card they could do maybe a jacre vs. weidman for number one contender?

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicsunn View Post
    how about luke rockhold? ufc could do a champion vs. champion match around summer and in the same card they could do maybe a jacre vs. weidman for number one contender?
    I like this b/c I think Anderson would be more receptive to it.

I would also love to see Jacre vs. Weidman. That would be a very even match up imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicsunn View Post
    I believe I read somewhere that Rockhold is fighting Philipu in his debut.

10. Default

Nosense calling any fight a #1 contenders match this is the new UFCE and E's for entertainment not who earned it.

Thread Information