+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khabib Nurmagomedov Calls For Nate Diaz Next

1. Default Khabib Nurmagomedov Calls For Nate Diaz Next

Khabib Nurmagomedov Calls For Nate Diaz Next | MMAWeekly.com

A new threat has arrived at 155lbs following Khabib Nurmagomedov obliterated Thiago Tavares inside of one round at UFC on FX 7 in Brazil.

The Russian import blitzed Tavares after an initial punch put him on the mat, and then Nurmagomedov unloaded with a barrage of quick elbow strikes that bludgeoned the Brazilian earning him the TKO victory.

With a perfect record of 19-0 as a professional and 3-0 inside the UFC Octagon, Nurmagomedov could be poised to make a big run at 155lbs in 2013.

Following his win over Tavares on Saturday, Nurmagomedov made it clear who he wants next, and it happens to be a former lightweight title contender.

“The next fight I really want with Nate Diaz,” said Nurmagomedov when speaking with Fuel TV.
    Typically the UFC avoids making match-ups with fighters coming off of wins with fighters coming off of losses, and Diaz most recently went down in defeat to UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson at UFC on Fox 5.

Still, Nurmagomedov is a rising star and the call out on national television might be just the incentive matchmaker Joe Silva needs to pair him with the former Ultimate Fighter winner.

No matter who he gets next, the lightweight division is on notices that Khabib Nurmagomedov is for real, and he’s not going anywhere.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I want to see a rematch with Gleison Tibau...I still believe that Khabib tapped in the first round. Aside from that I'd like to see him fight Makdessi though that's not a step up. I dunno, while thinking about who else I think he should fight first I cannot come up with anyone really. Diaz would be good, Gilbert if he wasn't getting a title shot allegedly, Eddie perhaps. Miller and Maynard need to fight each other otherwise I'd say Maynard.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

i love this guy, i think hes freaking awesome however there is no way in hell he deserves to fight a guy who is just coming off a title fight in a stacked division.

I think he'll get Jim Miller, winner of Wiman/Grant or dos Anjos if they want to push him into the top ten-ish, but if they want to go a little lower, Varner, Bocek or Lauzon all work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I think he'll get Jim Miller, winner of Wiman/Grant or dos Anjos if they want to push him into the top ten-ish, but if they want to go a little lower, Varner, Bocek or Lauzon all work.
    I would love to see all of those however I disagree with you saying fighitng the winner of wiman/grant would put him in the top ten. I think varner and lauzon would beat both those guys.

He looks like he's about to drop the people's elbow in that picture.

Too soon for Nate IMO but I would gladly watch if it happens

7. Default

It's a HUGE step down, but in name value alone let him KO Melvin.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    It's a HUGE step down, but in name value alone let him KO Melvin.
    Damn man, I wanna see Melvin/Noons!

9. Default

His 16 other wins with no loses anybody know the quality of them? Anderson got a title match in his 2nd one he's got 3 wins now, but agree he needs to fight somebody with a name again.

He had an impressive win but I wasn't too impressed with his hands.He had such a weird way he'd throw his strikes, but whatever works for him is fine.

Diaz would take him to school if he just tries to box with him tho imo. Maybe give him Miller or the loser of Pettis/Cerrone loser.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information