Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: After Bisping's loss, it's time to pull trigger on Anderson Silva vs. Rashad Evans

1. Default

quick, anderson fans, find someone else who isnt the #1 contender to promote!

I'd love to see Evans at MW but no one should get an immediate title shot in a new division (with the exception of champion superfights). Not Sonnen, not DC, not Evans.

That said, Evans' wrestling is fantastic and he poses huge problems for Silva if his chin holds. But I don't think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    He was quoted as saying, ask Dana and Lorenzo...:
    Umm, he was quoted as saying "I need to talk to Dana [White] and Lorenzo [Fertitta]." You really have a tough time with reality when it comes to Anderson...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I say Weidman is more of a contender than Lombard. Lombard is 1-1 in the UFC. I dont care about his long list of wins... Not really any impressive names on that list, notable names but not any top ten names.

I would also say Wiedman is more of a contender than Rockhold. But, the Rockhold fight is understandable as he was the SF champ.

I agree Evans has beaten a list of legends and would be a huge threat to Silva. I agree Evans career has been more impressive than Weidman.. but Weidman has worked his way up the MW ladder. Evans has never fought at MW. Give him a fight to make sure the weight cut would be ok for him and if he wins that, give him Anderson (if Silva beats Weidman, which he most likely will).

I just have a hard time with someone who had never fought at a certian weight just walking into the div and a title shot.......
    ^ This. And the other reason I want guys to take a fight before the title fight in a new division is that it shows commitment. I don't like the idea of higher ranking guys just floating around trying to get a new title fight. If you go to a division and fight the champ, you should have some intention of staying there win or lose. Otherwise it makes it too messy to define contenders.

That said, as I've noted elsewhere, I think Weidman should have to fight one more after coming back from an injury. So I'm not sure who I want to see Silva fight in the meanwhile.

Silva has said he wants time off, so that could work. Or maybe a title unification fight with Rockhold. Not a great fight, but justifiable.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    quick, anderson fans, find someone else who isnt the #1 contender to promote!
    This entire thread is about determining who really is the number one contender as no one currently clearly claims that spot

After Weidman comes back from his surgery/rehab it will be over a year since he has faught in the octagon. He is not the #1 contender.

If we are going to talk about #1 contender at MW its gotta be Vitor at this point. He is on a 3 fight win streak at MW and has finished all 3 of those fights (Akiyama KO Anthony Johnson SUB Michael Bisping TKO)
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 01-20-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    Really?!?! When the heck did Rashad become a middle weight title contender?

I know UFC belts mean less than "worlds greatest dad" mugs at this point but it might be interesting to see what happens if the champion defends it against the #1 contender. I know it sounds crazy but I think we should give it a try.
    Agreed. The title shots have been so fucked up lately and will continue to be so for the next little while, Id like to see a end in sight, instead of just piling on the BS title fights.

Repd for the Dynasty Warriors av as well, awsome games.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

To me, Weidman was always just the closes guy in line. Sure he had a couple of good wins, but nothing that stood out that screamed No. 1 contender to me besides the fact that no one else was even close.

To me, a fight with Evans would be more legit than a fight with Weidman. A fight against a guy who is a former champion in a higher weight class who has the resume to say he is a legit threat.

The fact that Weidman has been out for so long also bumps him down a little bit. It bumped Rashad down in LHW.

I don't like this at all. People shouldn't be allowed to change divisions and get immediate title shots when there have been other people who have been putting in work in that division. If Silva vs. Evans happens it should be after Rashad gets a win or two at 185.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

8. Default

You guys are nuts.
    You know nothing about how matchmaking works...

...clearly Bisping deserves the shot at the title now.
    ------------------

Yeah, why not? No one deserves it more than Rashad at this point. Considering what Rashad has done at MW, he's definitely ahead of anyone else. You're an idiot if you think Weidman deserves the shot, let alone any other top MW.

Fuck it, just give him the belt. He deserves it.

/endtroll

EDIT: Give Rashad a fight against a top 5 MW to test the waters. It would be a very interesting fight, but I just want to see him beat someone at 185 first.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 01-20-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Thread Information