Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: After Bisping's loss, it's time to pull trigger on Anderson Silva vs. Rashad Evans

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    He beat two top 10 fighters (some sites had Maia ranked as high as 7 before the fight). He's on a 9 fight win streak (5 within the UFC). And he brutally stopped his last opponent who was ranked within the top 5.
    He has a good record, that's undeniable, my point is that if he doesn't get the shot, he is not being robbed (well unless Bisping is the one getting the shot).

But I agree with AnchorPunch, I think we have all made our points, time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    And that is where we disagree. I don't think it is a toss up. I think right now he is the clear number 1 contender.

Now we can move on.
    Weidman clearly is #1 contender to anyone who has taken even the slightest analytical look at where contenders stand in the Middleweight division.

Regardless of injury.

How many more title contention fights will we get from the UFC for Bisping??

Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post
    How many more title contention fights will we get from the UFC for Bisping??
    Since he never lost to the champ, I think he gets one more. He's solid enough to make it back up to the top, just struggles once he gets there.

And I have to watch that kick again. One of the angles in the gif's makes it look like Bisping saw the kick, went low to catch it, and then got caught in the head. If so, he was doing his gameplan - find ways to drag Vitor to the ground. And good on Vitor for mixing it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

I go MIA for 6 months and come back to this shit...
    Weidman is in there like swimwear, nobody else is even really on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Weidman clearly is #1 contender to anyone who has taken even the slightest analytical look at where contenders stand in the Middleweight division.

Regardless of injury.
    I just don't see it. He was scheduled for a fight in which the winner was going to be declared the number one contender, he missed the fight due to injury, how does that make him the clear number one contender?

I can see the case that all the other contenders just recently loss so he would get a shot by default, but that doesn't make him the clear number one, specially after Rockhold just signed. (Weidman beat Maia as much as Boetsch beat Lombard.)

I really think Weidman would be better off with one more fight before Anderson.

Analytically : Rockhold and Weidman have a 9 fight winning streak, in terms of experience Weidman has 5 fights in the UFC and Rockhold has 3 title fights with 2 of them being a 5 rounder. Pretty even I think.

I think Evans would make it for a great challanger as well, so would Lombard if he wins his next one.

(hope this was a less grumpy post)

Man, I'd love to see Anderson/Rashad, that'd be a helluva interesting matchup.

Give Weidman a tune-up fight after the long layoff, say against Rockhold for the SF title and number 1 contendership to expose Chris to a wider audience on say, a co-main PPV.

I'm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Man, I'd love to see Anderson/Rashad, that'd be a helluva interesting matchup.

Give Weidman a tune-up fight after the long layoff, say against Rockhold for the SF title and number 1 contendership to expose Chris to a wider audience on say, a co-main PPV.

I'm down.
    I am down with this too.

Usually, I would have said that Rashad (like Sonnen, Diaz and Frankie) would be getting the shot after coming off a title fight loss but since Rashad is fighting Lil Nog in 2 weeks, he may actually do it after a win. If he beats Lil Nog impressively, and goes on the mic to challenge Anderson, I think UFC will make it happen.

and even though Weidman is clearly the top contender to that belt, it would be nice for him to get a fight in coming off an injury. The fight with Rockhold would do that.

Thread Information