+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C.B. Dollaway Hoping 2013 Is His Year To Reach The UFC's Top-10

Hybrid View

1. Default C.B. Dollaway Hoping 2013 Is His Year To Reach The UFC's Top-10

C.B. Dollaway Hoping 2013 Is His Year To Reach The UFC's Top-10 - FightLine.com

C.B. Dollaway picked up his second consecutive victory Saturday night, stunning the Brazilian faithful by earning a decision over Daniel Sarafian at UFC On FX: Belfort Vs. Bisping. Now, the former Ultimate Fighter finalist is hoping 2013 brings him plenty more success.

"I'm just going to get back in the gym and get another fight," said Dollaway, during the post-fight show on Fuel TV. "I want to get three-or-four fights this year and get my way into the Top-10."
    Dollaway (13-4) scored a decision victory over Jason "Mayhem" Miller in 2012, snapping a two-fight losing skid. The former Arizona State University wrestler has competed inside the Octagon since appearing on TUF in 2008, going 7-4.

After having trouble dealing with Sarafian's power in the opening round, Dollaway closed the second with a flurry that had the Brazilian stunned. He went for the finish, but was unable to put Sarafian away.

"I wish I did," Dollaway said. "I thought I had him in the second. He was so strong. I've trained with strong wrestlers - Ryan Bader and national wrestlers. I usually have no problem taking guys down. He was strong."
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Barely won last night. I still don't think he did.

He just doesn't mix it up at all... It's like he's either striking and that's it... Or grappling and that's it... He doesn't have a good flow to his fighting style nor the ability to mix his striking with his wrestling... Also footwork was extremely slow

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    There were plenty of people who wouldn't of been upset with a draw but you may of been the only person calling it for the other guy.
    Actually, I had it going to Sarafian too. As for Dollaway being top 10, I don't see it happening. I have a hard time picturing him beating anyone on the top ten.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

When it's close like that, I give it to the guy who I think would have won if went another round. I think CB did really good in that fight. I thought he was done after that first round. CB is a tough dude, took some heavy shots kept fighting and took control.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

I've seen Dollaway get touched up too easily by guys like Hamman and get obiterated by Munoz, his striking is subpar and technically, not at a level necessary to compete with the higher ups. I also think that with the influx of the "big three" Strikeforce MWs, he's not going to be "in the mix" within the top ten, even top fifteen MWs.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information