NSAC boss Keith Kizer discusses criticism while commissions continue agenda of non-action

NSAC boss Keith Kizer discusses criticism while commissions continue agenda of non-action - Bloody Elbow

Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), has a difficult job. To argue otherwise is, at best, ignorant.

However, having a difficult job does not exclude someone from criticism, nor does it mean that it is unfair to expect better. Kizer seems to at least be willing to acknowledge, and even claims to welcome, that criticism. As he recently told Fighters.com:

"I welcome criticism," the chatty and chipper Kizer tells Fighters.com over the phone from his Las Vegas office. "None of us are above criticism. I welcome honest criticism - whether it is constructive or correct or not - as long as it's honest."

It's not that Kizer believes he's necessarily the correct target for such criticism, but he acknowledges that every armchair expert in the world is entitled to play the blame game - a tradition as old as sporting competition.

"Do I think that people over-criticize the refs? Yes, but that's part of the fun," he says.

"In every basketball game I've ever gone to, every time a foul is called, half the place is yelling about how bad the referee is. That's part of what you do as a fan. After fights, everyone agrees that the judges are horrible, but they disagree on everything else when it's close, which I find somewhat amusing."