Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belfort must win 'a couple more fights' to warrant Anderson Silva rematch

Why would Anderson want a rematch,he KO'd Vitor with his first strike of the fight, rematch someone who actually put up a fight. Oh wait,he did that,and finished him in the second round.

Straight to DVD movies don't make much money anymore because of the death of rental stores. Rampage needs steady income to pay for all his kids and lawyer fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

2. Default

Agree Vitor needs a few wins, but don't even want to think about what Andersons camp will say. Tiered of the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Why would Anderson want a rematch,he KO'd Vitor with his first strike of the fight, rematch someone who actually put up a fight. Oh wait,he did that,and finished him in the second round.
    You could use a similar argument for whether or not JDS should have given Cain a rematch and we know how that turned out.

Not saying Belfort should get a rematch at this point but I think if he earns it with a couple more wins and is the clear cut top contender then he should. One loss in the past shouldn't exclude you from a rematch if you earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Another person for Anderson to duck... He is running scared of Vitor...

Anderson... running away from injured guys, guys on suspension, and now guys he brutally ko'd... Sickening.
    I gotta side with you on this one, sickening really is the word. I think it to be almost impossible for anyone to even attempt to make an argument as to how Anderson is not by far the best fighter in the world today, and I mean not just number 1 I really think he is number 1 and there is no number 2. So it does get really old to hear people say he dodges people.

I think a couple more wins and I would love to see that rematch.

Quick question, who has Anderson Silva NOT beat? In the last 7 years I cannot think of a single MW threat that Anderson did not beat, if there is please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    I fight for the truth...

I dont blindly follow fighters because "I like their tattoos."
    LOL
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Anderson and Vitor complemented each other after the fight. Vitor actually tweeted that Anderson helped him prepare for Bisping. After Belfort won, he called out Chael Sonnen and Jon Jones but NOT Anderson. I think they've ended the grudge, which obviously means that Vitor isn't (or at least shouldn't be) looking to take on the Spider anytime soon.

I think he needs not only a couple more wins, but a couple more impressive finishes before he is even in contender conversations. After a couple more good finishes they could market him as "newly remotivated" and put some real hype behind him fighting for the title. I don't really want to see him return to the LHW division any time soon though. If he continues to perform like he did against Bisping, I can see him causing some real problems for the rest of the middleweights.

On a side note, a fight between him and Lombard is a dream match. If that were the main event on a ppv, I'd buy that card.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Didn't particularly care for this article or the author. Especially since Vitor isn't asking to fight Silva, he's asking to fight Sonnen and Jones. I just don't see the purpose of this article or the criticism of Vitor coming from the author. That's just me though.....

to be honest, he just took out who was supposed to get the next title shot in impressive fashion and he looked good doing so, i don't know why he need at least a few more wins, one more win over top contender would be more than enough. if he wants to stay at 185 give him wiedman, winner takes all.

I don't know what all this BS is about rematches, if a top fighter earns it, i would love to see it, i'm sure he learned something from the first fight with anderson and it would go down a little differently, not saying he would win but it would still be a fun fight to watch. JDS just had a rematch with a guy he dummied easily in the first fight, according to some of your logic the rematch should not have happened.........and who's the champ now?

I remember seeing anderson say vitor was scared and i'm starting to see what he means. Vitor does seem to have a certain amount of anxiety and in title fights, it seems to be his downfall.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information