Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luke Rockhold Wants Vitor Belfort, UFC vs. Strikeforce Theme At UFC On FOX 7

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    I think Vitor/Lombard would make for a great fight and Okami would be the best possible measuring stick to see where Rockhold is at.

I also think with both of em being KTFO recently it's finally time to make Franklin/Bisbing.
    I think Rockhold needs to be measured against a higher level striker. Looking at his recent wins: Jacare, Kennedy, Jardine, there aren't any there and it's the obvious question for me. But I LOVE the Franklin/Bisping idea!

Here's how I'd do it at the moment:

Rockhold/Phillipou - Already called him out. Lets Phillipou keep fighting known competition without moving up too quickly; lets Rockhold showcase his striking against a dangerous guy.

Vitor/Le - If DW really is saying Vitor is a few fights away from a title shot (not sure I agree), give him someone exciting, that sells well, and is still very relevant. Plus it'd be a fun fight.

Boetsch/Munoz - Classic "back on track" fight for two guys that hit hard.

Lombard/Weidman - assuming Lombard beats Okami, the winner is a clear contender. Plus I thought Silva was planning to be out for much of 2013, no?

Bisping/Franklin - Vanity $ fight that prevents Bisping from mucking up the contender pool for a bit

Belcher/Jacare - A good test for both guys though Belcher will likely pull guard to make a point and ruin my night

Okami/Kennedy - Assuming Okami loses to Lombard, it's a good grappler match (and probably a win for Okami).
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Im pretty much down for all accept the last fight. I think it would be a snooooozer and I'd be out before the opening bell.

It's times like thees'e when I wish Maia would have stayed at MW to put a hurting on some wrestlers...Also the thought of Maia/Souza MMA gives me a chub.

So well writing this I just thought of a 170 lb dream fight I must post.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I like Rockhold. A fight against Vitor would be his greatest challenge thus far. I don't see him faring well unless he can do what Bisping failed to do. The only way I see him beating Vitor, being the athlete that he is, is to outwork Vitor, pressure him, and win a decision.

If he can survive three rounds, then I believe the fight would be his. I don't see it happening though. Rockhold should fight someone else upon his debut.

Dana White hints at Vitor Belfort-Luke Rockhold fight - MMA Fighting

UFC president Dana White told reporters on Thursday that he's looking to put together a bout between Belfort and Rockhold.

"Rockhold," White said. "That's what we're talking about."

Its good to see guys like Bisping and Rockhold call out Vitor... even if it means losing their shot at the title...

While someone like Weidman feels intitled and doesnt like the idea of fighting someone like Belcher or Okami... He beat the great Mark Munoz... give him his Damn shot.

People: When your boss declares you the #1 contender, it's not acting entitled to repeat that statement.

If my boss told me I was getting a raise and then I didn't get one, I would absolutely ask where my raise is. It's not entitlement, it's basic human interaction. Maybe people are spending too much time on the interwebs???
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Thread Information