Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dan Hardy Says Most Elite MMA Fighters Are Using PEDs

1. Default

Dan should be clean then.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

First says "all" followed by "most".
    Says he's against peds but refuses stricter testing for himself.

Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

I don't understand why this is such a touchy subject for people. We all know steroids are involved in all professional sports. He says he doesn't believe in VADA, which I can understand why since so many athletes are able to fool Olympic drug screenings, which are believed to be some of the strictest test out there.
    This all reminds me of man made diamonds. Even though they are purer and higher quality then anything you can find, my wife wouldn't want one. Everyone wants to see super athletes pull off amazing feats but they want them to do it "naturally".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    So to get this strait Dan believes that the majority or most of the elite fighters are using perfomance enhancement items but he will not subject himself to VADA testing which is legitimately trying to fix the issue.
    This is exactly why I think people who come out and say this shit are secretly trying to shift attention from themselves.

Thats like saying "no child should ever have to go hungry" but when it comes to donating food to the needy, you say "I don't trust charity organizations".

This whole concept of doing things "natural" is bullshit imo, however if you lie about breaking the rules, then you deserve all the punishment and criticism you get.
    Last edited by CtGreat; 01-22-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    This is exactly why I think people who come out and say this shit are secretly trying to shift attention from themselves.

Thats like saying "no child should ever have to go hungry" but when it comes to donating food to the needy, you say "I don't trust charity organizations".

This whole concept of doing things "natural" is bullshit imo, however if you lie about breaking the rules, then you deserve all the punishment and criticism you get.
    I agree. Crazy as it may sound, the only way to make it 100% fair is to require everyone to be on peds.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

6. Default

is anyone really suprised by this? really, you can just substitute "mma fighter" for "pro athlete" if it makes you feel any better.

I highly doubt most of the elite fighters are doing PEDs. The main reason is the GSP's, Cain's and Silva's of the MMA have way way too much to lose if they are caught using PEDs.

Look no further than Sean Sherk. People might forget but until late July 2007 it looked like Sherk was going to do go down as a Hall of Famer. The guy had two one sided LW wins and win over Nick Diaz (who knocked off Gomi) so for a few weeks Sherk was the number 1 ranked LW in the world. He was set to face BJ Penn in what was going to be the biggest LW fight in history and no matter what the outcome cement his legacy in the UFC. He failed his drug test and is now pretty much a forgotten champion. That can happen to anyone with one failed drug test and you bet GSP or Cain or Silva know that. So the risk is too much for the reward.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I highly doubt most of the elite fighters are doing PEDs. The main reason is the GSP's, Cain's and Silva's of the MMA have way way too much to lose if they are caught using PEDs.

Look no further than Sean Sherk. People might forget but until late July 2007 it looked like Sherk was going to do go down as a Hall of Famer. The guy had two one sided LW wins and win over Nick Diaz (who knocked off Gomi) so for a few weeks Sherk was the number 1 ranked LW in the world. He was set to face BJ Penn in what was going to be the biggest LW fight in history and no matter what the outcome cement his legacy in the UFC. He failed his drug test and is now pretty much a forgotten champion. That can happen to anyone with one failed drug test and you bet GSP or Cain or Silva know that. So the risk is too much for the reward.
    BUT they would still get to keep all the money they have earned up until that point that they may not have made if they didn't juice. Not to mention to really get the results you need to cycle off of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Different sport but I think Lance Armstrong (one of many) disproves that theory. When the rewards are so great many are not above bending the rules to get them. MMA as far as the regulations go is very lenient in terms of PED use the penalties where the risk can certain equal the reward.

I don't think of Sherk as a great example personally he's drifted off into obscurity more based off his record post being caught and the long down time he's experienced on top of that.

Look at a guy like Overeem he was caught and he will be right back in the title picture just over 9 months later. Lot of guys who have been caught just ends up as a slight speed bump on them continuing their careers.

Thread Information