Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White having ear removed, reattached Tuesday to treat Meniere's disease

Default White having ear removed, reattached Tuesday to treat Meniere's disease

White having ear removed, reattached Tuesday to treat Meniere's disease

Dana White ‏@danawhite
    Taking off to LA for the surgery right now. I have it at 830am, PUMPED!!! Thank u all so much for the well wishes. Much appreciated

UFC President Dana White is heading to California to undergo surgery on his left inner ear.

White suffers from Meniere's Disease, a disabling inner-ear disorder that can cause vertigo, ringing (tinnitus) and pressure in the ear and fluctuating hearing loss. There is no cure, but it can be treated.

White is scheduled to be admitted to Los Angeles' House Clinic on Tuesday, where White says Dr. John House will peel back his left ear in order to insert a plastic tube in the hope of reducing a series of crippling Meniere's disease attacks.

"They're going to cut my ear off," White told USA TODAY Sports. "My left ear, they're going to cut it off so they can get inside. They're going to insert a tube, and this surgery is pretty new – within the last year, I think, this surgery has come out. They have to get inside there to insert a tube, so they have to go in there and go through the hole. They insert a tube, and then they reattach the ear."

White said doctors have told him inserting the tube provides approximately a 70% chance he'll no longer have the attacks, which can often prove incapacitating.
    White having ear removed, reattached Tuesday to treat Meniere's disease - Mixed Martial Arts News

And on another note of an mma figure going under the knife...

Bas Rutten undergoing neck surgery

Bas Rutten
    I don't know if the text shows with the pics, but tomorrow morning I will get my neck surgery at 7AM (Pacific). They will fuse three discs together in my neck which will make space for my nerves that are caught right now, and then hopefully I will get my strength back!

I will let you guys know when I am awake and able to post something!

Godspeed, you all are great!

Bas Rutten undergoing neck surgery - Mixed Martial Arts News

"My left ear, they're going to cut it off so they can get inside. They're going to insert a tube. They have to get inside there to insert a tube, they have to go in there and go through the hole. They insert a tube."

Wait wait wait....

So you're saying they're putting a tube in your ear?

Paging Dr. Madsen, please pick the white courtesy phone. Dr. Michael Madsen, white courtesy phone...

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Why couldn't Meniere's disease effect the mouth instead....
    I am the liquor

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    bhahaha nice.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

This surgery isn't new... Watch a movie from time to time Dana... Reservoir Dogs

I need to learn to read the whole headline before jumping to conclusions. I thought he was going to have a Mick Foley thing going lol. But really, I wish him a speedy recovery. Bas too

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    WIN!!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Paging Dr. Madsen, please pick the white courtesy phone. Dr. Michael Madsen, white courtesy phone...

This song makes me want to have a toke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    White having ear removed, reattached Tuesday to treat Meniere's disease

White having ear removed, reattached Tuesday to treat Meniere's disease - Mixed Martial Arts News

And on another note of an mma figure going under the knife...

Bas Rutten undergoing neck surgery

Bas Rutten undergoing neck surgery - Mixed Martial Arts News
    i had my neck fused after i kind of broke it i was sitting on my couch tried to crack my neck and fucked my self all up but aftert getting it fused i knew the minute i work up it was fixed

Thread Information