Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 156 headliner Jose Aldo says fighters shouldn't talk their way to the title

Hybrid View

Default 156 headliner Jose Aldo says fighters shouldn't talk their way to the title

156 headliner Jose Aldo says fighters shouldn't talk their way to the title

UFC 156 headliner Jose Aldo says fighters shouldn't talk their way to the title - Bloody Elbow

After knocking out Michael Bisping at UFC On FX 7, Vitor Belfort tried to get himself a big fight by calling out Jon Jones and insulting Chael Sonnen. Now two weeks out from his next title defense at UFC 156, Jose Aldo gave his opinion on fighters talking their way into contention:
    It doesn't bother me. I don't think it's correct, but it doesn't bother me. Each person has a way to promote their fight. Each person has a way to create opportunity in their career. It's not the path I'd like to take but it doesn't make me mad.

Everyone should go up there and fight. Go through opponents and earn their opportunity to fight for the title. Not talk their way to the title.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I wonder if he'll follow his own advice when he moves to LW can't seem him not wanting an immediate title shot when he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I wonder if he'll follow his own advice when he moves to LW can't seem him not wanting an immediate title shot when he does.
    Are you saying if he loses the title to Edgar and then asks for a title shot at LW?

Think he's talking about Edgar just a little bit? Not that Edgar really talked too much to get him in but I still don't feel Edgar should be getting a shot yet. I do agree with him heavily though...Diaz, Sonnen, Edgar should all be working their way to another shot.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Think he's talking about Edgar just a little bit? Not that Edgar really talked too much to get him in but I still don't feel Edgar should be getting a shot yet. I do agree with him heavily though...Diaz, Sonnen, Edgar should all be working their way to another shot.
    Edgar should actually be defending his title if judges weren't jackasses. I don't think it's fair to group Edgar in with Sonnen and Diaz.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Edgar should actually be defending his title if judges weren't jackasses. I don't think it's fair to group Edgar in with Sonnen and Diaz.
    Agreed. Frankie doesn't do much talking. He goes out and he puts on a show every time he walks into the cage. I think him getting the title shot is a combination of Dana wanting him to move down for a long time, and everyone knowing that he won his last fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I don't mind someone making it known they want one or requesting one after a win, but it becomes annoying when every other day you see a new interview with someone like Weidman crying about it. It starts to sound like a child whining for a toy.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

I agree, I don't think Edgar belongs in that group, but then again I dont think Diaz is much to blame either, I think GSP is mostly responsible for that fight not Diaz.

How many people here actually think Edgar should still be champ at LW?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    How many people here actually think Edgar should still be champ at LW?
    I would hope everyone.

Thread Information