Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FX to stop carrying sports, FUEL and Speed to be rebranded FOX Sports channels

1. Default FX to stop carrying sports, FUEL and Speed to be rebranded FOX Sports channels

FX to stop carrying sports, FUEL and Speed to be rebranded FOX Sports channels - MMA Fighting

UFC fans should expect big changes in how and where they get their content on various FOX platforms. According to a report by the Sports Business Journal's John Ourand, FOX is planning a number of changes to its channels and what content they carry.

First, FX is expected to exit the sports business entirely. The channel has not only carried UFC events, but college football as well. This change is expected for August. However, it's not clear whether 'The Ultimate Fighter', which currently airs on FX but can be viewed as entertainment programming, is moving and where it could potentially move to.

Second, Speed and FUEL will be rebranded FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2, respectively. According to previous reports late last year, Speed is to be rebranded as an all-sports network with live events and news in an attempt to compete with ESPN. The Sports Business Journal's report Monday indicates FOX filed a trademark application for a FOX Sport 2 logo with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in November of 2012.

While both will become all-sports networks, marquee programming is expected to first broadcast through FOX Sports 1. The changes to these channels are expected to kick off also around August, but no formal announcements have been made by FOX.

UFC content will continue to air on the various FOX Sports platforms, but the details of where and when are unknown at this time.

Fuel is currently in 37.6 million television homes while Speed is in 81 million homes. The report indicates FOX has had difficulty growing channels with niche brands and the rebranding is part of a larger effort to increase the audence by broadening the content offered.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Goddamn it, Fuel isn't in HD on comcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Goddamn it, Fuel isn't in HD on comcast
    Fuel tv is not even on comcast at least not in Washington State
    it is on comcast on demand but it's not a channel
    or i would not be paying $22.00 per month for fox deportes when i dont speak or understand spanish

Have to pay extra for Fuel and no HD. BOO

5. Default

Yeah, because it doesn't make sense to broadcast on channels people actually have.

I don't think my ratings tracker will help their ratings when I have to find "alternative" ways to watch their show...
    ------------------

Too bad for them, I like most of you will not pay extra for one more stupid channel.

Doesn't concern me. I have never gotten Fuel TV but I've never missed a card yet. O Canada! Gotta love Sportsnet
    Last edited by Fe1; 01-22-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Canada is definitely a wonderful place to be if you're a MMA fan.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Its on the Directv basic package.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Doesn't concern me. I have never gotten Fuel TV but I've never missed a card yet. O Canada! Gotta love Sportsnet

EDIT: After rubbing it in, I kinda felt bad. So if you really have no other way of watching it, try this site. >snip<
    Sure, it's not HD but it's how I always watch Strikeforce and it's better than missing the fights all together.
    probably shouldnt post those type of links right out in the open. not sure, but pretty confident thats a no-no

Thread Information