Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rampage Thinks Spinning Elbows And Oblique Kicks Should Be Made Illegal | UFC NEWS

yeah it's scraes me every time i watch someones knee bend to wrong way cant help it

Just like how Gracie had special rules for his Grand Prix fight, Rampage should have Rampage Rules. (Hint, its called boxing)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    I actually don't particularly care for those kicks whether it be Anderson Silva or Jon Jones. I think it's dirty and probably should be illegal, but as soon as you make that illegal then the leg kick game becomes a mess where fighters that getting warnings for being to close to the front of the knee...unless of course the rule is that you can't side kick or push kick a knee.

I mean, how would anyone feel about this situation. Fighter A and Fighter B

Fighter A has fighter B down on his stomach. Fighter A grabs Fighter B's forearm and pulls up while driving his (Fighter A) knee into the back of Fighter B's elbow, thus breaking the arm at the elbow joint.

That's more extreme, but essentially the same idea. I just think it is a dirty move and shouldn't be used simply out of respect. You catch a fighter planting a certain way and land that kick, you could cause some serious damage.

As for the spinning elbow...
    tap or snap... I remember Mir Breaking Nogs arm with a kimura. Should we ban that too? Its a fight; god forbid you might get hurt.

Rampage crying like a little girl to the media every 4 hours should be made illegal.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    tap or snap... I remember Mir Breaking Nogs arm with a kimura. Should we ban that too? Its a fight; god forbid you might get hurt.
    Nog had time to tap if he wanted. The scenario Ramma presented was not a submission scenario. It was a snap scenario. No chance for a tap.

Oblique kicks make me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Oblique kicks make me cringe.
    I'm with you. They really should be outlawed. The sad thing is that it's probably going to take someone getting seriously injured before it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Except when your in a submission....nevermind....go back to sleep. You've just compared cookies to taxes...

I agree with most, its dirty but making it illegal would just bring more problems to the game.

Now, what does bother me is the open leading hand with the fingers pointing towards the opponent. Im not sure if it is illegal, I do know that some refs do a better job than others when asking fighters to close their hands, which makes me think its illegal (just no sure on how its worded on the rules). That leads to eye pokes which can ruin fights.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Nog had time to tap if he wanted. The scenario Ramma presented was not a submission scenario. It was a snap scenario. No chance for a tap.
    That doesnt matter. The point is, this is a fight. People get hurt in fights, sometimes seriously. That scenario that Ramma is talking about is very unlikely IMO; that person on the bottom would have to be giving little to no resistance on the ground to let the person on top have one knee on his back and another on his elbow and snap his arm without bucking him off his back or forcing him to lose his position.

Thread Information