Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rampage Thinks Spinning Elbows And Oblique Kicks Should Be Made Illegal | UFC NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    Except when your in a submission....nevermind....go back to sleep. You've just compared cookies to taxes...
    The Cookie monster is the vegetable monster now.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    That doesnt matter. The point is, this is a fight. People get hurt in fights, sometimes seriously. That scenario that Ramma is talking about is very unlikely IMO; that person on the bottom would have to be giving little to no resistance on the ground to let the person on top have one knee on his back and another on his elbow and snap his arm without bucking him off his back or forcing him to lose his position.
    ^This.

In order for that to happen the guy would pretty much to be out, which hopefully the ref is stopping the fight long before the guy gets the chance to break his arm this way.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    ^This.

In order for that to happen the guy would pretty much to be out, which hopefully the ref is stopping the fight long before the guy gets the chance to break his arm this way.
    Except that wasn't my point. My point is you wouldn't want a fighter to go through that...no different than not wanting a fighter to possibly have their knee forever ruined.

I guess I'm different. See, I view the fighters as people, and care about their safety. Yes, this is fighting and people get hurt. The point of this game is not to injure people, but to beat them.

I've said my piece.

I don't like the oblique kick. For me, it's about intent: the kick isn't easier to land, it isn't about dazing your opponent or something specifically tied to the time period of the fight. It's about damaging the knee.

Just feels like there's real intent to end a career, not just win a fight. In that sense, I liken it to an eye poke. You could absolutely win a real fight through eye pokes, but it's just not in the spirit of combat sports.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I don't like the oblique kick. For me, it's about intent: the kick isn't easier to land, it isn't about dazing your opponent or something specifically tied to the time period of the fight. It's about damaging the knee.

Just feels like there's real intent to end a career, not just win a fight. In that sense, I liken it to an eye poke. You could absolutely win a real fight through eye pokes, but it's just not in the spirit of combat sports.
    Ah, look....someone gets it.

7. Default

I have no personal issue with oblique kicks to the thigh, but I guess that's more of a push kick then what we're talking about here.. but from the knee down, not so much.

Having said that, you can jack someone's knee up just as fast with a solid leg kick to the side of the knee if the foot is planted as you can with one of those.

Admittedly, its hard to take this seriously though, coming from Rampage. He's getting pretty stale with his whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    The Cookie monster is the vegetable monster now.
    Mario Lopez is one antagonistic son of a bitch isnt he
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post

As opposed to what, kicking somebody in the head? What are the intentions of somebody throwing a head kick? To put your opponent out, in brutal fashion. You know you could die from a head kick...but I dont think you can kill somebody if you kick them in the knee.

I dont think they're dirty and dont link them in the same category as an eye pokes, biting, or groin strikes. Yet, I put them in the same category as foot stomps.

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    Mario Lopez is one antagonistic son of a bitch isnt he
    Screech would have kicked his ass with nerd rage anyway.

Thread Information