Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones' biggest UFC 159 concern: Chael Sonnen will 'dry hump' him for five rounds

Default Jones' biggest UFC 159 concern: Chael Sonnen will 'dry hump' him for five rounds

Record-seeking Jon Jones' biggest UFC 159 concern: Chael Sonnen will 'dry hump' him for five rounds in N.J.

"I'm concerned that he will take me down and dry hump me for five rounds," said Jones during an ESPN SportsNation fan chat earlier today (Jan. 22, 2013) when asked what his biggest concern was heading into the 205-pound title fight against "The American Gangster," which is scheduled UFC 159 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., on April 27, 2013.

Perhaps Sonnen's five-round wrestling clinic he put on against current middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva at UFC 117 a few years back resides deep in the recesses of Jones' memory. One that didn't necessarily include an all-out "dry hump" assault -- Sonnen kept the pressure on once on the ground, battering and Silva for 4.5 rounds before falling victim to the Brazilian's crafty submission skills in the waning moments of the final round.

Speaking of "The Spider," as Jones continues to cement his legacy in mixed martial arts (MMA), inching closer to tying Tito Ortiz's division record with five consecutive title defenses inside the Octagon, he has another record in his sights -- 17 consecutive wins under the UFC banner, which would be one better than the Brazilian bomber, who currently holds the record (and still counting) at 16.

"Yes, that is a goal of mine," said Jones, "It's my motivation."

Had it not been for a controversial disqualification loss against Matt Hamill back in 2009, Jones would be sitting pretty at 12 straight victories. However, because of the unfortunate decision by the referee, "Bones'" boasts a UFC win streak of eight straight, meaning he has a ways to go if he wants to catch Silva.
    Record-seeking Jon Jones' biggest UFC 159 concern: Chael Sonnen will 'dry hump' him for five rounds in N.J. - MMAmania.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

hahahahaha Chal will not be able to lay on him for even 2 minutes.
    Jones is going to kill this clown.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Why must you feed bullshit like this to the haters to feed on, Jon? Dry humped? Come on now!

I don't think he would flat out admit he's worried about being outwrestled by Chael for five rounds unless he has something up his sleeve. However, it's no secret what Chael is coming in to do.

Jon always wants to represent jiu jitsu so maybe he'll try to work a triangle or a sub attempt from the bottom? That would be great.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Jon always wants to represent jiu jitsu so maybe he'll try to work a triangle or a sub attempt from the bottom? That would be great.
    There is no way Jon Jones ever wants to be on his back. This is the one thing i am actually interested in seeing.. we have never seen him on the bottom, I wonder if how he would do.

I hate when any fighter refers to wrestling as dry humping. It is a bull shit way to belittle someone while admitting that their opponent has a better wrestling game than them. No other fighting style in mma has to put up with this crap.

"Dry humping" may not be entertaining, but if you KNOW your opponant is going to try and do that and you STILL can't defend it or gameplan for it then you don't deserve to win. It's called MMA, learn some TDD/sub offense/sweeps.

If chael can hold Jon jones down for five rounds more power to him... I doubt he can though... I hope he comes out like he did against Anderson... Really tries to take it to him. Might be a fun fight... Or a complete lopsided domination... Lol. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I hate when any fighter refers to wrestling as dry humping. It is a bull shit way to belittle someone while admitting that their opponent has a better wrestling game than them. No other fighting style in mma has to put up with this crap.
    BJJ guys who pull guard? The refs won't even let people do that, and it's guaranteed to lose you a fight. Never see a guy get more crap then when he tries to pull guard in a fight he's losing, when it's a legit way to compete in BJJ.

Zombie is born!

I think people are underestimating Jone's submissions. I don't think Chael makes it out of the first round especially if he gets Jones on the ground.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

"Dry Humping" I love how wrestling gets that monicker now. I guess kicking is for pussies as well and we should all just resort back to boxing....

Jones vs Gustaffsson after one more impressive performance by Goose. Make it happen!
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Thread Information