Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: White says Johny Hendricks likely earns title shot with UFC 158 win

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Likely??????

GSP is going down that path of being dishonest to justify his own illegitimate decisions. I really don't like it. Dana turning MMA into WWE is forcing fighters to make stupid comments to defend themselves and its making MMA look even more ridiculous as of late.
    Where does GSP lie? All he does is state his opinion. His logic for discrediting Hendricks as the #1 contender is flawed and opens all kinds of doors to debate pretty much every matchup that has ever been made. MMATH doesn't work no matter who's using it. This shit would settle itself if the UFC had transparent methodology for ranking fighters.

GSP picks one opponent and everyone jumps all over it meanwhile your fucking hero Anderson has been ducking and avoiding opponents for years now and you hypocrits don't say shit. At least he's fighting which is better than other champions. I believe Hendricks is more deserving than Diaz at this point but the Diaz fight isn't a stretch by any means. Sure Diaz's last three things in MMA are a loss, a suspension and a retirement but that's a very close loss that many pundits and fans disagree with, a suspension for marijuana not exactly a performance enhancing drug and Diaz being petulant. Nothing concrete there to discredit Diaz.

Determining the challenger should be simple.
    Step 1 - establish transparent rankings/rankings system.
    Step 2 - immediately after a title fight offer title shot to the highest ranked available fighter (cannot be the fighter that just lost in the title fight)
    Step 3 - if said fighter accepts, great. If not go to the next highest ranked available fighter.
    Step 4 - Anyone in the top 6 is elligible for a shot. I would say top 5 but the fighter who just lost the title fight would probably be ranked in the top 5 still.
    Step 5 - try to schedule your events to be heavy on the same weight classes so schedules tend to match up.

We as fans really need to abandon this premise of needing a clear cut number one contender all the time.
    Last edited by YukonJordan; 01-24-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Actually, the way things have been going lately in the UFC, a loss to Ellenberger would actually ensure a title shot for Hendricks.
    I owe you some rep my friend.

GSP doesnt wanna fight Hendricks because he feels he lost to koscheck, but then wants to fight Diaz who definitely lost to the guy he just fought in Condit. GSP makes no sense.

Thread Information