Thread: TUF: Canada in the works for 2013

Default TUF: Canada in the works for 2013

TUF: Canada in the works for 2013 - MMA Fighting

Canadian version of The Ultimate Fighter is in the works, and could possibly be launched by the end of this year, according to UFC president Dana White, who offered up the information during a UFC 158 press conference in Montreal on Wednesday.

"We're working on that," he said.

Depending on the timing, it would become either the third or fourth international edition of the franchise, which was started on American television in 2005.

So far, the UFC has successfully launched a version in Brazil, which is soon to enter its second season, as well as one in Australia, which featured an Aussie team competing against a British team.

The UFC has also previously announced its intention to do a version in India.

Canada has proven to be one of the UFC's most lucrative markets as well as one rich with talent. The North American country housed the richest event in UFC history -- UFC 129 -- which drew 55,724 fans and a $12 million gate back in April 2011.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I know they've focused on Brazil and are looking to go to India, but I'm surprised it took this long for TUF Canada to arrive. Since Canada is such an MMA stronghold, I guess it wasn't such a high priority?

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    I know they've focused on Brazil and are looking to go to India, but I'm surprised it took this long for TUF Canada to arrive. Since Canada is such an MMA stronghold, I guess it wasn't such a high priority?
    It is a numbers game.

Canada might be crazy about mma but we have a smaller population / market than Brazil, India, USA, UK...
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Who would coach?
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by Luc1an View Post
    Who would coach?
    GSP vs Rory?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    It is a numbers game.

Canada might be crazy about mma but we have a smaller population / market than Brazil, India, USA, UK...
    Right on. Will rep when I can.

well they can't put GSP as a coach if they intend to have coaches fight because no other canadian is in the GSP level at that weight, except for Rory but a fight between the two is not likely......I say put some lightweights up against eachother like Stout and Boceck, i donno just thinking of some mid-teir guys who have some recognizability......

Bout damn time, dont know why it took 7 years but im glad the ball is rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    It is a numbers game.

I hate how the special seasons of Tuf are only shown in their respected countries. But something is telling me Tuf Canada would be more accessible in the US than say Tuf Brazil.

I think it'll get good ratings.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Thread Information