Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White on Rampage Jackson: 'From 2007 to 2012 He Made $15.2 Million'

Default White on Rampage Jackson: 'From 2007 to 2012 He Made $15.2 Million'

Dana White on Rampage Jackson: 'From 2007 to 2012 He Made $15.2 Million' | Bleacher Report

When asked about Jackson, White did something he usually is reluctant to do: He laid out how much money Jackson has made with the UFC, saying, “From 2007 to 2012, and he took a year off to film a movie, he made $15.2 million.”

In almost anyone’s world, that’s a decent amount of change. There’s no doubt that Jackson is correct when he says that the UFC profited from his toils as well, but $15.2 million for 11 fights comes to, on average, more than $1.3 million a fight. That’s not too shabby, especially when you consider that, as White pointed out, “Rampage made that much money and he won the title, defended it once and then lost it. It’s not like he went on a Georges St-Pierre, Anderson Silva type run, he’s done pretty well.”

Jackson has also lamented that boxers make more money than MMA fighters, a charge that White answered by saying, “You know how many boxers I know that want to come over here and fight? Boxing is a tough, tough business. If you think it’s bad over here, wait until you get over there.”

White knows that Jackson has a huge upside and potential if he sets his mind to it and focuses, “Rampage has the ability to be a huge star, we’ve seen that. When he’s on and his head’s right and he’s in the game, there’s nobody more entertaining.”

On Thursday it was clear that Jackson’s head was not in the game, well, not in the UFC game that is. During the press conference Jackson chose to play a video game on his PlayStation Vita while on the dais, something that White found insulting to the members of the press that attended the event.

In the end White feels, “This is one of those cases where everybody thinks the grass is greener on the other side and you get to the other side and you’re like ‘s***, this isn’t what I thought it was going to be.' ”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Holy fuck, that's a lot of money. I assume that includes his sponsorship money cause I can't imagine his show and win money adds up to $15 big ones. Only champions are entitled to a cut of PPV shares, right? Wow.

My whole life working I will not come close to that type of money...I feel terrible for Rampage.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

4. Default

He was playing video games during the conference? Although I think Rampage will most likely KO Glover, I really hope Glover ends up knocking Quinton out cold instead.
    ------------------

no that is only the money he got from zuffa, dana specifically said in the interview that was what the ufc paid him that does not include sponsorships, and if he had won more fights and fought more often ya know basically met his potential he would have made more faster. while dana did mention that him taking time off to make a movie he forgot to mention how the ufc helped keep rampage outta jail and helped him keep some level of respect in the eyes of the world. rampage's lack of recent success has made him point fingers everywhere but at himself, i really wish rampage all the best he can be a real honest and cool dude but he sometimes reverts back into a selfish and egotistical douche and its very unfortunate well not for him from a monetary perspective the ufc paid him well and when rampage needed that support the most the ufc and dana were there but he dont care about that no more
    that a-team movie came at the wrong time it was a poor choice and ironically if he hadnt been with the ufc and a champ he probably wouldnt have gotten that money and oppportunity, hell i love those interviews ariel did with hi but even then he said some alot of contradictory stuff like complaining that the ufc didnt advertise his unification of the belts and simultaneously felt they gave him the title fight to fast. did you see how he responded(or actually failed to respond) hen ariel recently asked what glover said that made him mad? rampage had nothing to say because it was all bullshit, glover actually complimented rampage on television not too long ago, matt hughes should try to talk some sense into this clown
    Last edited by mmawolverine; 01-25-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Not bad for a 7-4 record lol

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    Holy fuck, that's a lot of money. I assume that includes his sponsorship money cause I can't imagine his show and win money adds up to $15 big ones. Only champions are entitled to a cut of PPV shares, right? Wow.
    A champion or Tito lol

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

He's been making that Anderson Silva money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    He was playing video games during the conference? Although I think Rampage will most likely KO Glover, I really hope Glover ends up knocking Quinton out cold instead.
    i'm still a fan of rampage and i hope he wins this saturday but some stuff he's been saying lately it really irrates me. playing video games during press confrence? it seems he doesn't care if he wins or loses tomorrow and just wants to get it done with asap. kinda sad really. i've a feeling he's not gonna make weight on weigh ins

Lookin forward to Rampage tappin' and gettin the obligatory "He whupped muh ass" followed by the standart post fight presser "I was injured/sick/not in the mood to wrestle...give me someone who will stand and actually fight"
    LJS-NEMS

Thread Information