+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Hughes officially RETIRES from the UFC

Default Matt Hughes officially RETIRES from the UFC

Matt Hughes has just officially retired at the UFC on FOX 6 press-conference. Will become the UFC's Vice President of Athlete Development and Government Relations
    No link yet, saw this while watching the press-conference. If someone gets a link feel free to add it in.

Edit; here is the link; http://www.bjpenn.com/matt-hughes-of...ence-ufc-news/
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 01-24-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

This is a sad day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    This is a sad day for me.
    same here brotha, been a hughes fan forever. Have you read his book? if not i suggest you do its awesome.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

I credit Hughes for getting me hooked as an MMA fan. He put on some great fights and I'll miss seein him in the Octagon.
    LJS-NEMS

sad to see him go out on the note he did, but you have to admit that when he choked out almeida with a front freakin headlock it was an inspiring moment. he's the one who got me hooked on MMA, during his first prime title run.

WAR K1 HUGHES!
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

dont be sad, he had a hell of a career and we want him to retire healthy, sounds like he's going to do just fine and if someone could please finish gsp this year we could still argue matt's legacy as the greatest welterweight champion

uhm, didnt he retire like 2 years ago? or a at least a year or so ago?
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Still the best of all time in the ww division. GSP is close but he needs to turn off "Safe Mode".
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Hughes is one of the old vets I hated to see this day coming for. Never gets old watching him fight. I'm glad that I had the privilege of watching most of his fights and the glory days really never get old of reliving and watching those moments over.

Thanks for everything Matt! You helped pave the way for this sport and will continue to do so from the front office I'm sure. Sad to see him go, but he had a great career. Hall of Fame worthy indeed!

The dominating MMA champion of all time. 7 title defenses, 1 decision, 3 first round stoppages. My all time favorite and it is sad to see a great career end.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information