Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonnen says Vitor Belfort's camp declined fight after recent callout

Default Sonnen says Vitor Belfort's camp declined fight after recent callout

Morning Report: Chael Sonnen says Vitor Belfort's camp declined fight after recent callout - MMA Fighting

"I thought he challenged me," Sonnen wrote on a UFC.com live chat. "Which I quickly accepted. Then his people reached out to me and said I simply [misunderstood], that he simply wants the fight that I have, that he does not wish to fight me.

"It's a good move by him," Sonnen finished, of course taking one last parting shot. "He's terrible."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

obvious BS. Sonnen is already scheduled to fight Jones. Now way the UFC would ever schedule one fight before the next, especially with a fight of that magnitude and how much they value Jones and Sonnen.

if they did fight Sonnen grinds out a UD
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

not really sure if i believe this, but i believe vitor would probably sub chael late.
    Come check out my video game stream!
    http://www.twitch.tv/el_dpay

Bullshit, Sonnen signed the contract to fight Jones months ago. You can't agree to fight somebody else in the meantime while still under contract to fight somebody else.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

He said that he accepted his challenge (vitors) and then VITORS camp reached out to SONNEN and said that isnt the fight they wanted and that he wants Jones. No where does it say he was offered the fight by Dana/UFC calm down people.

I believe it. Vitor does not want this to build into him eventually fighting Sonnen so his people diffused the situation. Vitor is in a good spot now, and getting grinded out by Sonnen would change that.

well its true vitor wanted the jon jones rematch for the belt and he doesnt like chael who is not on his radar unless chael becomes a champion, makes sense to me but i dont mind if chael faces him regardless.

This would be a good fight, Id pick Vitor. Too bad this most likely wont happen for a very long time if ever... if sonnen wins (haha) he would be 205 champ with a long list of contenders at 205 and if he loses well no point in Vitor fighting a guy coming off back to back loses.

Quote Originally Posted by FE_EatsChildren View Post
    not really sure if i believe this, but i believe vitor would probably sub chael late.
    Are you talking about the Vitor who went 11 years with out a sub.
    No way he'd sub Chael late in a fight maybe in the first 2min of the first rd.

Thread Information