Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jones relents, admits for first time Sonnen deserves light heavyweight title shot

Im not going to lie, I was hoping for a shit ton of trash talking leading up to this fight, however in recent interviews and public events, it looks like these 2 have grown to be quite close. If any of you saw the hour long interview the other day on the Boomer and Carton show, it was like these two were playing off each other. They both were making jokes and laughing together. They wouldn't trash talk one another or even send any verbal jabs. I don't like what Im seeing with these two respecting the other, as stupid as that sounds. Here is a link to their interview, then click the link for the Jones Sonnen segment: Audio On Demand
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    Im not going to lie, I was hoping for a shit ton of trash talking leading up to this fight, however in recent interviews and public events, it looks like these 2 have grown to be quite close. If any of you saw the hour long interview the other day on the Boomer and Carton show, it was like these two were playing off each other. They both were making jokes and laughing together. They wouldn't trash talk one another or even send any verbal jabs. I don't like what Im seeing with these two respecting the other, as stupid as that sounds. Here is a link to their interview, then click the link for the Jones Sonnen segment: Audio On Demand
    Yeah, its just great when two guys absolutely hate each other. Sportsmanship is overrated... Go watch WWE

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

3. Default

So Aldo is fighting Frankie (who is coming off 2 losses, controversial or not)
    Rousey is fighting Liz Carmouche (who IMO isn't even in the top 5 in her shallow weightclass)
    GSP is fighting Nick Diaz (coming off a loss, 1year suspension, also not the #1 contender)
    Silva is most likely fighting Rockhold in the spring (who has never fought in the UFC)
    Jones is fighting Chael (coming off a loss, moving up in weight, is 2-2 in his last 4 fights)

What's next? Cain Velazquez vs Ben Rothwell for the HW title?

Whatever happened to earning a title shot?
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    What's next? Cain Velazquez vs Ben Rothwell for the HW title?

Whatever happened to earning a title shot?
    More likely Big Country, Rothwell doesn't talk enough smack.

And earning a title shot is no longer at this address, it moved to Bellator.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

5. Default

next will be the intercontenital title.. Isn't that what the WWF called it.

LOL

Chael Sonnen. Given a title shot based on shit talk ability... Makes friends with the champ. Double Fail!
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

I think this is actually bad for Sonnen. He's talked about how his persona can psych him up a bit, get him mentally ready for the fight. Intentionally or not, Jones may be deflating that and we may see a more timid Sonnen than we did in the Silva fights.

So they are big friends now.
    What they really need to do is to hug and give Hi5 during the fight ala Crocop-Barry.

What I find really incredible, is that UFC found the most stupid and pathetic excuse ever for this freakshow ("ooh la la laaa, Chael Sonnen asked for this fight, so because of that he deserves it") and people actually think that it is a legit reason!!

Even fucking Zulu deserved to fight Fedor more than Chael deserves to fight Jones.
    And after this fight, Chael is going to talk some shit to Cain Velasquez. And Zuffa are going to make Sonnen vs Cain for the title. They will find some absolute idiocracy as an excuse and people will believe it. Chael walks around 240 right? Oh great so he would not have to cut weight anyway. And dumbasses are going to say "Oooh, Chael may come bigger than Cain, he has a chance!!"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Guys, we've all read enough Jones interviews to know that Jones doesn't really know what the hell he's thinking or talking about.....EVER!

The guy is a flip flopper. That should be his nickname really

Thread Information