Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proving my point about life sentences

Default Proving my point about life sentences

Man Kills Baby, Gets Out of Prison, Kills Another | wltx.com

Let them out, they do it again. I'd say in his second child murder, the US Court system is an accomplice.

Mandatory life sentences for rape, murder, serious violent crimes, child molestation, armed robbery, etc.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

What so many naive people (oh they just need help) (give them a second chance) (they can change) do not realize is that they are only giving them a second chance to harm innocents again.

I've said it before and I have zero doubts about it. It takes a certain kind of person, a flawed, sick human, to commit certain violent and sickening crimes. They are who they are. Want to help people? Help good people!
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post

Let them out, they do it again. I'd say in his second child murder, the US Court system is an accomplice.

Mandatory life sentences for rape, murder, serious violent crimes, child molestation, armed robbery, etc.
    Fuck that, just kill him. And no I dont mean 7 years on death row with a shit ton of appeals. I mean found guilty, walked outside, and then shot. Or, beat within an inch of his life, and then sent out to sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post

only people above 18 right i've been charched with two of your crimes plead down and svered 9 months then 6 more months but i was a kid
    some people can change i did all it took for me was having a kid

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    only people above 18 right i've been charched with two of your crimes plead down and svered 9 months then 6 more months but i was a kid
    some people can change i did all it took for me was having a kid
    I think it would depend on the crime. Murder, rape, child molestation, it wouldn't matter to me if someone was under 18.

I do know someone who committed an armed robbery, he did change, however, he had no intentions of actually using the gun... I can see an argument for that if nobody was harmed or something. The violent crime thing would also depend on the severity of the victim's injuries. I mean, if a victim has brain damage or something that would effect his or her life for the rest of his or her life, that's pretty close to murder.
    What I mean by "serious violent crimes" would be along the lines of beating someone bad enough that they could have died, that the only reason they are alive is pure luck. Just like with armed robbery or any type of weapons charge. A lot of people get off by pure luck that the person survived, so I guess "attempted murder" or something would fall in those lines.

I do think people go down the wrong road sometimes. I did when I was 17, however, I never harmed anyone innocent, but I did do some stupid things.

Glad to hear you changed. I'm betting the real change was when you did the crimes, you were probably a good person all along who just got a case of the stupid.

I could be wrong, maybe people who murder or rape can change, but if they can change to become a good person, then they should also understand and accept that they should not be allowed back into society. Their victims will never get that chance to go back to who they were, especially the dead ones.

I know what you mean about having a kid too man. I used to do criminal defense work and honestly, I never thought once about it. I was proud that I worked on cases and won when the person was guilty as sin. I remember a case of a guy with a DUI 3rd and he showed up for his trial drunk. We won. I saw it as we were smarter. I can't do that stuff anymore now that I have a kid. My conscience just makes me think (what if the victim was my baby)... and I just feel sick and angry thinking about helping someone who will more than likely commit the same crime again.

My child is why I have this zero tolerance type attitude today. I see the pure innocence in her and the thought of someone harming her just is too much to bare.
    Last edited by Y2JUBAE; 01-26-2013 at 02:07 AM.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes

I agree that for murder they should be executed immediately.

For rape, they should get their dick cut and spend their whole life in jail.

It is almost impossible that a person is going to change. People do not change. If they did something one time, most likely sooner or later they will do it again.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

agree with the mandatory life sentences for extremely violent or sexual crimes (rape, murder, child molestation, etc).

however, i think if the person is willing to undergo castration, they can avoid a mandatory life sentence, but that is the trade off; they must become sexually useless and unable to ever harm another human in that type of way.

crimes against women and children, to me, are unforgivable. if you harm/rape a woman or child, you are no longer a human being to me.
    lemme touch your feet

There is a movie/documentary called Dear Zachary, that reminds me of this. It is one of the saddest films I've seen.
    Last edited by initial_zen; 01-26-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    There is a movie/documentary called Dear Zachary, that reminds me of this. It is one of the saddest films I've seen.
    for sure! rep'd...

I don't think castration and such should be allowed, though.

Curiously, to me, has always been the punishment system in the Scandinavian countries. If anyone ever heard about Norwegian black metal, Burzum or Varg Vikernes, would know what I mean :P

Thread Information