Thread: Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson to meet Amir Sadollah Memorial Day weekend

Default Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson to meet Amir Sadollah Memorial Day weekend

Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson to meet Amir Sadollah Memorial Day weekend - MMA Fighting

Sources told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani on Friday that Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson will face Amir Sadollah in a welterweight battle on Sat., May 25. While a venue for the unnamed event has yet to be determined, the UFC traditionally holds Memorial Day weekend cards in Las Vegas.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I always go for whoever isn't Sadollah.

Big step up for Thompson. If Sadollah wants to show his improved Muay Thai this might not be the fight. If he plays it smart I see Amir winning a UD, if he wants to trade for 3 rounds I think Thompson catches him.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Good fight to show if Thompson can actually hang in the UFC after his last performance.

Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    Big step up for Thompson. If Sadollah wants to show his improved Muay Thai this might not be the fight. If he plays it smart I see Amir winning a UD, if he wants to trade for 3 rounds I think Thompson catches him.
    I'd disagree with Sadollah being a step up; I think Matt Brown is a tougher fighter.

Thompson's been on the shelf a while, 10 months or so. Hopefully he figured he had some pretty huge holes in his game and worked on fixing them before he took another fight. His hype train really came crashing down after the fight with Brown, it was a great fight but his weaknesses were definitely exposed.

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I always go for whoever isn't Sadollah.
    But his muay thai is so technical and his push kick is like a rocket!

Amir, tip of advice for ya: Stand DIRECTLY in front of this guy. It'll totally work to your advantage.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information