+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 72

Thread: Soares:Silva has 'nothing to gain' from Weidman fight, expresses interest in Cung Le

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Who is Next for Anderson Silva? Could it be Chris Weidman or GSP? - YouTube
    If Dana was so sure about Weidman why has the match never been made?



    A sane person would say that Rockhold is the current mw champion. You don't disrespect the champion from another organization by making the suggestion that he has to earn his shot.

    On what universe does that happen? On what universe is it acceptable to have 2 champions in the same division?
    1. In the same universe where Shields didn't get an immediate shot.

    2. In the same universe where Hendo didn't get an immediate shot coming from SF (he did from Pride but that was a different era and a different org)

    3. In the same universe where Pettis didn't get an immediate shot.

    4. In the same universe where Overreem didn't get an immediate shot.

    I could probably go on but will stop as you clearly don't have the capacity to remember basic information like this. We see it in every thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    1. In the same universe where Shields didn't get an immediate shot.
    Noone is saying Shields didn't get fucked over.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    2. In the same universe where Hendo didn't get an immediate shot coming from SF (he did from Pride but that was a different era and a different org)
    But I bet you the UFC made sure they consolidated those belts didn't they? Enter Rampage vs Hendo

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    3. In the same universe where Pettis didn't get an immediate shot.
    Fucked again and yet another reason why he is bitching about Ben Henderson after watching Nate Diaz get butt raped.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    4. In the same universe where Overreem didn't get an immediate shot.
    Overeem didn't even finish the tourney. Infact DC replaced him and beat the snuffing out out Antonio Silva.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I could probably go on but will stop as you clearly don't have the capacity to remember basic information like this. We see it in every thread.
    Its amazing your argument for justifying a disputed belt is based on other people also getting fucked over. Do you have a mind of your own or just go with the flow? There is another animal that has similiar characteristics... its called a sheep.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    v3xi's deep thought of the day:

    Rampage bitches and complains all the time about people who fight a certain way BUT HE STILL FIGHTS THEM. Anderson runs and hides from this situation (wrestlers) and still gets a massive amount of respect from everyone?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,559

    Default

    The champion NEVER really has anything to gain because he already has everything. He is just trying to keep everything.

    Ah fuck it I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Anderson Silva looks absolutely fucking terrified of Chris Weidman.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Noone is saying Shields didn't get fucked over.
    Not really when you consider how he has fared in the UFC and didn't even really earn the title shot with his win over Kampmann.

    Fucked again and yet another reason why he is bitching about Ben Henderson after watching Nate Diaz get butt raped.
    Not really he could have sat and waited for his chance but choose not to. Maynard had as much if not more claim for a title shot at that point. He blew his chance when he lost to Guida.

    Overeem didn't even finish the tourney. Infact DC replaced him and beat the snuffing out out Antonio Silva.
    Yes but he was still the reigning HW champ of strikeforce at that point despite not really defending it.

    Its amazing your argument for justifying a disputed belt is based on other people also getting fucked over. Do you have a mind of your own or just go with the flow? There is another animal that has similiar characteristics... its called a sheep.
    You give way to much credence to guys coming over from what was overall a promotion lacking in depth who either rarely defended their titles or defended them against less then top ranked opponents for the most part and in some cases a bit of both.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Anderson calling out everyone but Weidman has inspired my new sig. What do you guys think?

    He goes from one can to the next. He cant fight Bisping now so he want Cung Le? Its not even about money anymore, Cung is as bad of a draw as Weidman. Anderson just wants to hand pick lesser fighters so he doesn't lose. Pathetic.
    Last edited by v3xi; 01-26-2013 at 09:26 AM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Tried to rep both of you for these comments, but couldn't for some reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    v3xi's deep thought of the day:

    Rampage bitches and complains all the time about people who fight a certain way BUT HE STILL FIGHTS THEM. Anderson runs and hides from this situation (wrestlers) and still gets a massive amount of respect from everyone?
    MMA fans are a unique bunch, aren't they?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    The champion NEVER really has anything to gain because he already has everything. He is just trying to keep everything.

    Ah fuck it I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Anderson Silva looks absolutely fucking terrified of Chris Weidman.
    I don't want to throw him under the bus just yet, but all signs are pointing me to this direction.

  8. Default

    Dude what are you talking about? You didn't even really address Anchor's points.

    Shields, the Strikeforce MW champion, didn't get an immediate title shot and it was obvious that he wasn't the number one contender when he shit the bed against Kampmann (but he was gifted a decision).

    You completely ignored the fact that Hendo didn't get an immediate LHW title shot, even though he was the Strikeforce LHW champion AND had just been the first person to KO Fedor.

    Pettis, WEC LW champion, didn't get an immediate title shot, and proved he wasn't ready when he lost his next fight to Clay Guida.

    Overeem was the Strikeforce, Dream, and K1 HW champion. The fact that he didn't finish the Strikeforce HW tourney doesn't mean he lost the title. The tournament would only have crowned a new champion if Overeem had lost the belt to someone.

    Condit was a WEC WW champion who didn't get an immediate title shot, and ended up losing in his UFC debut. He had to work his way up to a shot.

    Scott Smith was a WEC LHW champion who didn't get an immediate title shot. He ended up losing his UFC debut fight as well.

    Steve Cantwell was also a WEC LHW champion who didn't get a title shot. He came over and went 1-5 in the UFC.

    Mike Pyle was also a WEC WW champion who wasn't gifted a title shot.

    Hector Lombard was the AFC, CFC, and Bellator MW champion... guess what. He didn't get an immediate title shot. And he lost his debut fight to Boetsch.

    History has shown that most of these B league "champions" don't fare too well when they first enter the UFC.

    Luke Rockhold is not the Strikeforce MW champion. He WAS the Strikeforce MW champion. He fights in the UFC now. In the UFC, Anderson Silva is the MW champion.

    There is no dispute.
    Last edited by H0SS; 01-26-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    ------------------

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Deep down the rabbit hole.
    Posts
    7,075

    Default

    Roadawg is just a damn fool when it comes to MMA and Anderson Silva. There is no point in acknowledging his bullshit unless you just want brain damage. Responding to it is fucking pointless. His opinion is a joke.

    I don't like to say these kinds of things about anyone on here but God damn. It's beyond ridiculous.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Weidman - fine.
    Cung Le - sure why not
    Rockhold - I could live with that.

    Just settle on fighting somebody. Champions defend their title. Cowards make Steven Segal movies. Silva is quickly giving MMA fans a reason to forget all his great performances with all this bullshit.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

    The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

    HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •